JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The guys at work enjoy trap shooting and want me to join them on a regular basis. I've been looking at O/U's, but came across a Browning double auto. It's the steel receiver, not aluminum. As a Browning guy it's a pretty cool novelty, even if it was his son that invented it. Thoughts on using one as a trap gun?

You can shoot trap with any shotgun the club allows ( some prohibit "tactical" models for reasons outside this discussion). That said, if you find yourself really getting into the sport, you will end up with a dedicated Trap model.

Having owned and shot a few rounds of trap with a Twelvette ~30 years ago I'd suggest against it. Not that its a bad shotgun just that there are better guns available that are much easier to find parts for. A good o/u is easier to keep clean and keep running.

Having owned and shot a few rounds of trap with a Twelvette ~30 years ago I'd suggest against it. Not that its a bad shotgun just that there are better guns available that are much easier to find parts for. A good o/u is easier to keep clean and keep running.
This ^^^

And it's going to have a field stock which does not translate as well for trap as does a bona fide high comb trap gun.
This beauty is for sale right now in our classifieds...
WTS OR - Remington 1100 Trap 12 Gauge

Also your local trap club can have some awesome deals waiting for you if you read the for sale board and ask around.

Thanks for the input. I think I'll just stick with my plan of an O/U. The twelvette seemed like a fun novelty that could serve a purpose. Guess I'll just pass on it.