Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Browning Twelvette as a trap gun?

284guy

Reactions
The guys at work enjoy trap shooting and want me to join them on a regular basis. I’ve been looking at O/U’s, but came across a Browning double auto. It’s the steel receiver, not aluminum. As a Browning guy it’s a pretty cool novelty, even if it was his son that invented it. Thoughts on using one as a trap gun?

Reactions
You can shoot trap with any shotgun the club allows ( some prohibit “tactical” models for reasons outside this discussion). That said, if you find yourself really getting into the sport, you will end up with a dedicated Trap model.

Reactions
Having owned and shot a few rounds of trap with a Twelvette ~30 years ago I'd suggest against it. Not that its a bad shotgun just that there are better guns available that are much easier to find parts for. A good o/u is easier to keep clean and keep running.

DirectDrive

Reactions
Having owned and shot a few rounds of trap with a Twelvette ~30 years ago I'd suggest against it. Not that its a bad shotgun just that there are better guns available that are much easier to find parts for. A good o/u is easier to keep clean and keep running.
This ^^^

And it's going to have a field stock which does not translate as well for trap as does a bona fide high comb trap gun.
This beauty is for sale right now in our classifieds...
WTS OR - Remington 1100 Trap 12 Gauge

Also your local trap club can have some awesome deals waiting for you if you read the for sale board and ask around.

OP
284guy

284guy

Reactions
Thanks for the input. I think I’ll just stick with my plan of an O/U. The twelvette seemed like a fun novelty that could serve a purpose. Guess I’ll just pass on it.

Flymph

Reactions
Get a gun you can use in the field as well, unless you absolutely need to wag your favorite toy around in other's faces.
;)

KKG

Reactions
There's a Beretta in the Classfies currently you might want to take a look at. I have nothing to do with it.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider