Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Browning Twelvette as a trap gun?

284guy

Reactions
The guys at work enjoy trap shooting and want me to join them on a regular basis. I’ve been looking at O/U’s, but came across a Browning double auto. It’s the steel receiver, not aluminum. As a Browning guy it’s a pretty cool novelty, even if it was his son that invented it. Thoughts on using one as a trap gun?

Reactions
You can shoot trap with any shotgun the club allows ( some prohibit “tactical” models for reasons outside this discussion). That said, if you find yourself really getting into the sport, you will end up with a dedicated Trap model.

Reactions
Having owned and shot a few rounds of trap with a Twelvette ~30 years ago I'd suggest against it. Not that its a bad shotgun just that there are better guns available that are much easier to find parts for. A good o/u is easier to keep clean and keep running.

DirectDrive

Reactions
Having owned and shot a few rounds of trap with a Twelvette ~30 years ago I'd suggest against it. Not that its a bad shotgun just that there are better guns available that are much easier to find parts for. A good o/u is easier to keep clean and keep running.
This ^^^

And it's going to have a field stock which does not translate as well for trap as does a bona fide high comb trap gun.
This beauty is for sale right now in our classifieds...
WTS OR - Remington 1100 Trap 12 Gauge

Also your local trap club can have some awesome deals waiting for you if you read the for sale board and ask around.

OP
284guy

284guy

Reactions
Thanks for the input. I think I’ll just stick with my plan of an O/U. The twelvette seemed like a fun novelty that could serve a purpose. Guess I’ll just pass on it.

Flymph

Reactions
Get a gun you can use in the field as well, unless you absolutely need to wag your favorite toy around in other's faces.
;)

Reactions
There's a Beretta in the Classfies currently you might want to take a look at. I have nothing to do with it.

LATEST REVIEWS

• Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Love all the Guys and Gals, the redbeard is pleased. Even if it wasn't 1 min away from my house...
    • SVT-ROY
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I bugged these guys for a while as I was on the fence as to what safe to buy. There are so many...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim is fantastic! He does great work and does it in a timely manner! He reblued a Colt slide for...
    • hker71
  • Aloha Surplus
    4.00 star(s)
    Its always fun to check out the surplus stuff they have. Some is reasonably priced, some not so...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I recently sent in a project gun to Mr. Copeland to slick up an action and thread the barrel...
    • CountryGent

Staff online