JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
trying to track down a replacement firing pin for a pump action .22 made 60s-70's. Browning no longer make them, an attempt is being made to repair the snapped firing pin but in the event this is not possible, can anyone point me in the direction of a site that may provide this part?

trying to track down a replacement firing pin for a pump action .22 made 60s-70's. Browning no longer make them, an attempt is being made to repair the snapped firing pin but in the event this is not possible, can anyone point me in the direction of a site that may provide this part?

It would be great if you could give more information like model or name of firearm. Try Brownells.

It would be great if you could give more information like model or name of firearm. Try Brownells.

thanks, looked on Brownells and can't find anything. the rifle has the engraving Fabrique Nationale D'armes Deguerre.Herstal-Belqique Brownings Patent Depose, and the serial number is 145338. this is all the information i can find about the rifle

Take it to a real gunsmith he will simply make one.........most modern Smith's are simply Parts changers.
Parts changers for ARs... AKs and FALs need competent gunsmiths. REAL gunsmiths. Over at the falfiles there was a guy having issues with his FAL, took it to a gunsmith who ruined a $500 (at the time) receiver... Essentially made it a parts kit with a paper weight of a receiver.

Its why I don't trust modern gunsmiths...

Parts changers for ARs... AKs and FALs need competent gunsmiths. REAL gunsmiths. Over at the falfiles there was a guy having issues with his FAL, took it to a gunsmith who ruined a $500 (at the time) receiver... Essentially made it a parts kit with a paper weight of a receiver.

Its why I don't trust modern gunsmiths...
It took me 3 years to find a good one.........now he is moving to Florida. He just made new Parts to hold the forend of our Savage 99 takedown attached that were no longer available.

Does your firing pin look like this?

416260.jpg

@JRuby can tell you about his experience with me repairing his FAL. :eek: :)
Nothing better than a nice running FAL.
Anyhow I see this thread is is an antique, but I have milultiples of the firing pin you need. I had a need so I made a dozen of them. :)

Anyhow I see this thread is is an antique, but I have milultiples of the firing pin you need. I had a need so I made a dozen of them. :)
I take it you weren't the guy who did this? :D:p The ruined receiver previously mentioned... Tried to link to the thread at the falfiles I got the image from but its gone and I'd have to log in to find it.

IMG_3078.JPG

Vezley did a fantastic job with that FAL - I could not have asked for any better. He knows his stuff.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top