JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for a 22lr pistol for Wife, kids, and Me to fun shoot.
Not really stuck on any one thing. I have heard both the Browning Bmarks and Mk2 /3's are fine guns.

Folks I have a couple of Q's to stir some debate:

1. Which is easier to clean?

2. Better wife \ kid starting gun?

3. Least problematic?

4. fill in the blank.........

Thanks for your responces.

The only thing that I can think of is that the Ruger requires a sacrifice, a dance, tarot cards, and the planets to be aligned unless you know the secrets on how to break it down and put it back together again. I've never tried disassembling the Browning though. They both fire fine and are great starter pistols to get the family involved.

I think the Browning is far superior. I own one and it is very easy to break down. two allen screws on top and the top removes as well as the bolt assem.
Second my wife loves this gun, even more than the p22 we have
I have about 500 rounds through my browning and have had one misfire that was a dud due to the fact that it didn't work in any of my .22's.
The Buckmark has alot better grips in my opinion. I have the camper. I think you can pick them up new for about 300 as I did. i think the ruger is more $. I could be wrong.
And the ruger is a pain to take apart. A friend has one and doesn't clean it just because of that. Also his has ftf about every clip. It could be his gun though, I wont speak for all rugers.

i think the ruger is more $. I could be wrong.
And the ruger is a pain to take apart.

The Ruger is not hard to take a part, I purchased one for my boys for IDPA and it come a parts very easily... Its putting it back together in a functional matter thats a pain, actually its not hard, just a series of steps that must be followed otherwise the firearm will not function.

Both are nice pistols. I have owned a Mark II since the early 1990s. There is a 'trick' to its reassembly, but once known it is easy. Youtube has several videos of the reassemble process that clearly show how it is done. I would recommend not letting the reassembly issue cloud your decision. Buy whichever one feels best to you.

I agree on the p22. I have one and its probably my favorite .22 next to my gsg 5. Only thing is that it has a bit of recoil for a very small child due to it being so light. But that would be a call of the owner

I have a Ruger MK III Target. I love it, and yes, it reassembly is not, shall we say "intuituve". However, it is a high quality piece with amazing accuracy and reliability. I do not regret my purchase.

I own both but prefer the Browning hands down over the Ruger. This is really a "Chevy vs. Ford" argument. If you prefer one over the other, it's a valid reason for feeling that way, weather others agree or not.

The OP still only has 3 posts, I wonder if they come back they will let us know if they made a purchase, which one and why. :s0155: