Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Browning humpback (a5)

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by chizuck, Feb 16, 2012.

1. chizuck

chizuck central Wa. Member

looking to buy a old browning humpback for 100 bucks. I have seen one pic it looked good. The guy with it says it has minor receiver rust and the stock could use a refinish. I am still thinking it is worth a short drive an 100 bucks. Just curious what you guys think?

2. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If your not familiar with the way the internal friction rings are installed for different loads, it would be wise to have a gunsmith show you how they are set up. You can really pound the gun inside to pieces if it's not set up correctly.

3. chizuck

I have heard that thanks for the heads up. So I take it 100 is a fair deal?

4. Ding

Ding Lighter Side of Oz Active Member

yup,I'd jump on that pronto..Is it the belgian A5

5. chizuck

Not positive the guy is 3 hrs away and has not been overly informative. But it sounds like I got it just have to set up a meet.

6. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Check out Jim Green (Down East Gunworks) on YouTube and watch his video on these models. It will give you a heads up on dis-assembly and correct function. Check the stock for cracks, they are very prone to hairline fractures in the forearm. If it's in any decent shape, $100.00 is worth it.

7. Ding

Ding Lighter Side of Oz Active Member

a good to better shaped belgian A5 will go anywhere from 650-1100 FWIW..just so ya know.

8. chizuck

Man thanks everyone for the help and info. It is much appreciated.