JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been wanting to try one for a while, and today I finally pulled the trigger.

Here are some pics, hope to have a range report early next week.

IMG_8373.jpg

IMG_8372.jpg

Plan on adding the range report on this gun and many other to my new blog. Check it out and follow it: RKBA Holsters ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
if i may put my two cents in....I shot mine for the first time since buying it today. Everybody I went with loved it. Trigger felt like "butter" (but in a good way) to all of us. I would hope you will have a similar experience with yours. It looks very clean.

if i may put my two cents in....I shot mine for the first time since buying it today. Everybody I went with loved it. Trigger felt like "butter" (but in a good way) to all of us. I would hope you will have a similar experience with yours. It looks very clean.

Can't wait to shoot it. I think it had 1-2 magazines through it by the previous owner.

That's a classic.

Let us know how it shoots. I have been told they are not as accurate as other 9s. I guess they are not machined as tight to help with reliability. I have one and the slide is pretty loose on the frame, though it eats anything i feed it. Single action triggers are great for plinky.

I only have one DAO pistol, but a number of TDA and SAO.

I hope no one takes this as me being argumentative...but i find it pretty darn accurate. 12 out of 13 of soda can sized targets shooting out of my hands seems pretty decent. (I haven't shot many rounds in my life, hoping to get into it...very fun and a good skill to have)

I can only compare it to a S&W in 9mm and my browning was softer on the recoil and I had better results.

BUT....I haven't really shot any other 9mm so don't take this to seriously.

Definitely is more accurate than anyone I know can shoot it.

Mine is quite accurate. I don't think slide to frame fit means much of anything to accuracy, the barrel lockout into the slide should mean much more.

The way the spur hammer protrudes below the tang looks like hammer bite just waiting to happen to the web of you hand. I have never fired one. Does this happen? Is the rounded hammer better?

I have the rounded hammer and its fairly minimal. If you have pudgy hands I could see it being a minor problem. I have a small red mark on my hand but I didn't notice it till I was done. A firm grip seems to keep it.from happening too much

Awesome looking HP. Hope you find yourself as happy with yours as I have been (and am) with mine.

I've a pair (9mm and .40) and have to say that they're the most accurate handguns I've owned. Hammer bite can be a bit of an issue, but I've huge hands, so that may factor in.

I've had the 9 for a long, long time and got the .40 from a fellow board member. They're now permanent additions to my arsenal.

Last Edited:
I only have three, as I recently sold one.
I have found that, on my examples (1989 and two 1991's) accuracy is excellent, better than any of the Glocks or XD's I have owned (and own). Excellent size and weight. The trigger can be heavy and gritty when new. Removal of the magazine safety helps a lot, then, a lighter main spring and a slightly heavier recoil spring will help. I replaced the trigger with a Cylinder and Slide trigger on one of the guns and it just gets better and better.
There is a website "Hipowers and Handguns" by Stephen A. Camp that provides tons of HiPower info. There is a reason these are $900+ (MSRP) new.
Congrats on the purchase. If you need any info on lightening the trigger just drop me an e-mail.
And Just to be Clear: I am not trashing Glocks and XD's as I own both and like them both but my Target gun is a HiPower...

I have found that, on my examples (1989 and two 1991's) accuracy is excellent, better than any of the Glocks or XD's I have owned (and own). Excellent size and weight. The trigger can be heavy and gritty when new. Removal of the magazine safety helps a lot, then, a lighter main spring and a slightly heavier recoil spring will help. I replaced the trigger with a Cylinder and Slide trigger on one of the guns and it just gets better and better.
There is a website "Hipowers and Handguns" by Stephen A. Camp that provides tons of HiPower info. There is a reason these are $900+ (MSRP) new.
Congrats on the purchase. If you need any info on lightening the trigger just drop me an e-mail.
And Just to be Clear: I am not trashing Glocks and XD's as I own both and like them both but my Target gun is a HiPower...

Stephen Camp was one of the reasons I've always wanted a Hi-Power.

Just read that he passed away a week ago, he will be missed.

Thanks for the tip on that site - can't believe I'd not sen it. A fountain of information! Again, a boon to those that subscribe to this forum.

Thanks again!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads