Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Browning Hi-power replacement sights

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by DSbur, Jan 27, 2010.

1. DSbur

DSbur Vancouver WA Member

I still have the original 'battle' sights on my early 80's FN hi-power. My eyes are no longer as good as they were in the 'early 80's'. Was considering some fixed Novaks, and I know most likely anything I pick will have to have the front sight milled in. I'm sometimes having a hard time picking up that slim front sight.

Can machine. The bases of the Novak front sights seem a little wide and snaggy but haven't seen them installed on a hi-power. The adjustable Millets I remember seemed like the rear sights were rather bulky.

Truck gun, not for competition.

I'm simply not up on available options these days, am old-school, and like simple and clean installations.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions-

2. Spad

Spad Kennewick,WA, the desert side Active Member

Check out the Hi Powers and Handgun site, lot of good info there for your HP. I have a FNHP, great pistol. Bill

3. tionico

tionico Thurston County Well-Known Member

Spad, any links? I've got the same dilemma, except that my non-dovetailed front sight is missing.. broken off somehow. (the gun came dirt cheap, this is the only flaw, thought I'd take a chance and get it, repairing it.).

4. Spad

Try "highpowersandhandguns.com" plenty of links and info there. Bill Let us know how you do. Bill

5. tionico

NOthing of use there that I coujld find. The domain is for sale, a bunch of unrelated adverts parked.

6. plinkerneil

plinkerneil Oregon New Member

7. tionico

OOOOOOOooooooohhhhhhh.. now WHY was my computer so stupid as to take me somewhere I did not want to go?

I did wonder about "high" instead of "hi"..... its ALWAYS been "hi".

thanks much. Just opened it, it looks interesting already. great landing page.

8. Spad

Plink, Thanks for the correction, sorry to have missled tionico. On my original post I put "Hi". I am not computer literate enough to post like you did. Glad he found the site, plenty of info. Bill