JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I’m having problems with my used Browning Hi-Power clone (Israeli). Every 5-10 shots, the gun jams. The slide does not advance because the expended cartridge did not eject completely and the next round jams up again the cartridge. This holds the slide open.

To clear it, I release the magazine which lets the slide go forward. Insert the magazine and rack the slide. The spent shell ejects and I’m good to go for another few rounds until it happens again.

I tried a few different brands of ammo; they all did the same thing. The bore and chamber are mirror bright. The spent shell show no deformation and no scratches. The extractor looks normal; no obvious damage or unusual marks.

What could be the problem? Where else should I look?

I had this exact problem on on one of my hi power's just a few weeks ago, actually this is somewhat of a common problem with hi powers. I would bet you a shinny new quarter that a new extractor and extractornspring will solve your problem.

Andy

I had this exact problem on on one of my hi power's just a few weeks ago, actually this is somewhat of a common problem with hi powers. I would bet you a shinny new quarter that a new extractor and extractornspring will solve your problem.

Andy

I thought of this. Did you do change out the extractor yourself? Was it difficult?

Hi Ballistic,
Well, Take out the Extractor Clean it. Put it back in the side. Try taking a loaded round and put it under the extractor next to the bolt face of the side. Next wave the side around and see if the round fall off the extractor. If it fall off you need to fit the extractor. PM me if you need more help.

Tony Portland, Oregon Area
If you in my area stop by and I will look at it for you.