Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Browning Hi Power in 40 S&W w/5 mags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistman

Reactions
Ad Type
For Sale
Price
$800
Manufacturer
Browning
Caliber
40 S&W
City
Mist
State
Oregon
Nice example of a 40 S&W Hi Power, serial# indicates a '96 build. 1 mousetrap mag and 4 Mec-Gar Italian mags. Mag safety removed by previous owner. Comes with nice Hogue wooden grip panels, look like rosewood, no originals. Haven't shot it much. I got it to go w/my 9mm Hi Power but it's the only 40 I have and never shoot that caliber anymore. I've put 100 rnds through it, it's been shot but appears to have been lightly. Springs are strong, shoots great. Finish is very nice w/only a couple minor flaws near the barrel and hammer. Some say the Hi Power is the perfect platform for the 40 S&W. It's definitely one of the more pleasant 40's I've shot.

$800

DSCF2228.JPG

DSCF2229.JPG

DSCF2232.JPG

View attachment 594622
DSCF2237.JPG

DSCF2246.JPG
DSCF2234.JPG

Rules & Terms
I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last edited:
OP
Mistman

Mistman

Reactions
If it were my 9mm, I'd probably be asking more, It's a sweet practical w/low round count.

This one's just a heavy 9, like I mentioned earlier, grab a 9mm barrel and have a switch hitter. Can't go the other way w/out worrying about frame stress.

Reactions
If it were my 9mm, I'd probably be asking more, It's a sweet practical w/low round count.

This one's just a heavy 9, like I mentioned earlier, grab a 9mm barrel and have a switch hitter. Can't go the other way w/out worrying about frame stress.
Is it really just as simple as a barrel swap? I thought there was more involved in it, but I know very little about Hi-Powers.

OP
Mistman

Mistman

Reactions
Correct, 10+1

Yes, it is that easy. I haven't checked for a while but Bar-Sto sells 3 lug 9mm barrels and yes, a 9mm spring and mags are needed.

Some people feel the 9mm+P is too much for a 9mm Hi power frame so this conversion makes it a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I have now purchased 2 Safe’s and constantly recommend people go here. You get better quality than the other liberty safes made for places like...
    • Motojohonda
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just dropped by today to pick up a rifle … this is what a gun store should be! None of the crotchety bluster and BS that so many other gun stores...
    • DLS
  • Supporting Vendor J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I'll put in a good word for J&B Firearms Sales in Beaverton, on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy (across the street from KFC and BiMart). I've always had...
    • RVNvet