JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$600
Manufacturer
Browning
Caliber
9mm
City
Bothell
State
Washington
Zip Code
Up for sale is a Browning Hi-Power pistol, chambered in 9x19, imported by Century Arms.

I bought this gun used at a local gun shop, and found out later that the previous owner modified the sear to make the trigger smoother. As it turns out, someone didn't know what they were doing because the hammer drops when the slide returns to the battery, causing the gun to go double on me. I have checked it out by a gunsmith, and he told me that the gun needs a new sear/sear spring in order for it to be safe to fire again.

20211026_103235.jpg

20211026_103242.jpg

20211026_103249.jpg

(For some reasons, images are showing up blurry. Please click them to see them in a better quality)

The serial number suggests that the pistol was manufactured around early 1990s. Given the import markings, there is a good possibility that this is one of the ones imported from Israel as a police trade-in.

Because of the issue mentioned above, this gun requires a gunsmith (or someone who has the skill) to swap out the parts. I'm putting it for sale with a price tag that is much lower than other Hi-Powers on the market at the moment in order to reflect the costs that you may have to cover.

The price is $600.

Price is firm. I'm not interested in trades and shipping the pistol.
If you're interested, I can meet you at either Precise Shooter at Woodinville or Sound Loan at Everett.
Buyer pays for the transfer.

Thanks for looking!

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
I had the exact same problem with an Argentine HP I bought at a gunshow 20 years ago...only I didnt figure it out until I emptied a full mag at the range with one trigger pull 😮...easy fix tho

GLWS!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.