JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh GAWD! Is there NO mercy on God's green Earth???

To the photo posters: You are NOT Gentlemen: No personage with consideration toward his fellow man could inflict such injury.

I beg you to cease immediately.

This is just NOT RIGHT.

Five (5) pages of BHP.........and I don't recall anyone mentioning Stephen A. Camp. Hey, if you got hours to spend, do it here:

Hi Powers and Handguns

Sadly he has passed. So, read it. Because, no telling if/when his web sight might go the way of the dodo bird.

Aloha, Mark

You pretty much know you're a Hi-Power aficionado when every single time you scoop up/fill your hand with loose 9mm cartridges to load the magazine/s, there's exactly thirteen rounds.. not to short shrift the Mec-Gar 15's though. just saying

Just so everyone knows, JMB thought the 1911 grip safety superfluous and only designed the 1911 that way for an army spec contract for horse cavalry

Don't you mean the thumb safety? I think that's the part the Army wanted.

Because my initials are BHP I always thought it would be appropriate for me to own a BHP, but I never really warmed up to them because of the caliber. (not trying to join in the caliber controversy) In the early to mid 90's, a friend of mine had one in 40 that I shot a time or two. It went away before I had a chance to try and weasel him out of it.
Sure liked the way one feels when you pick it up.
Most of them posted here look like nice guns to own, but that Armond Swenson built Commander really lights my fire! I spose that's why I've never picked up a Hi Power...

orygun, it was the 1911 grip safety JMB didn't feel was needed.. notice the BHP has none but it does have a thumb safety

He did include a grip safety on some of his pocket pistol designs, but not on others

orygun, it was the 1911 grip safety JMB didn't feel was needed.. notice the BHP has none but it does have a thumb safety

He did include a grip safety on some of his pocket pistol designs, but not on others

Hey Blitz, check this out.
Colt Model 1910 .45 ACP Pistol Serial Number 5 - Coltautos.com

The 1910 was the prototype of what was to become our loved 1911. You can see the grip safety and the lack of thumb safety. The last change was the addition of the thumb safety.
This is why I made the statement I did. I remember reading, but could not tell you when/where, JMB felt the thumb safety was unnecessary because of the grip safety already in place, but the Army thought differently.

Hey BHP lovers, just saw this.. a fascinating video on the evolution/modification of the BHP to the Swiss service pistol P-210.
pretty neat

I'm trying to figure out how I missed this thread for 3+ years.

I see a financial advantage over most pistol owners in that the first one I ever bought was an '85 vintage LE issue version of JMB's perfection, with a factory black park finish.

The financial advantage comes from never needing to buy anything else.
It's got it all.

I'm trying to figure out how I missed this thread for 3+ years.

I see a financial advantage over most pistol owners in that the first one I ever bought was an '85 vintage LE issue version of JMB's perfection, with a factory black park finish.

The financial advantage comes from never needing to buy anything else.
It's got it all.
I feel much the same way.. ceptin' ya needs a dinky pocket gun (J-frame or such) and a moose gun (N-frame) too because Merica!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top