JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think you're right.. I think Charles Daly did make/offer some stainless Hi-Powers. I'd have to say it was well worth $500. I've never seen nor heard of stainless "HP's" but I guess they do exist.
Hmm. edit. I don't know. I think the first Dan Wesson pistol was made with hard chrome. It's one of a kind and sure looks like stainless..
I still don't know if any were made in stainless.

Charles Daly cdgr8011 HP 9mm hard chrome - 1911Forum

P1010080-1.jpg

A popular gun auction site has hundreds of Israeli police surplus hi powers and clones. This is a mkII Belgium hi power I got last month for under $400. They have a lot of mkIII's for the mid $400's. The grips are Craig Spegel.
image_zps67d4f879.jpg [/URL] image_zps610f3ad0.jpg [/URL]

I see that one is minus the magazine safety.. good man. Sometimes I put the pin back in, sometimes not.
I really don't like the big ambi-safeties though, preferring either the old small or something like the CD.
Nice pistol.

Ah....the classics. I get so tired of reading about the plastic gun of the week. They are effective tools, yes, but there is as much beauty or pride in ownership as there is a hammer or weedeater. Gotta get me a Belgian Hipower before I die.

No one ever loved him some Browning more than me:
When I was 18 I drove 1300 miles just to see his prototypes in a tiny museum in a NG armory in Ogden. Then I drove 1500 back home (scenic route across the Great Salt Lake, gas tank went dry due to head wind)
I LOVE JM Browning, but times change.
The same folks that carried Colts Winchesters and 'other Brownings' would and do, carry ARs, Sigs, Glocks today.
Not because Browning was not a genius but because plastic technology has eclipsed pre-WW2 technology:
Browning, Colt, Winchester are ICONS and they will not be forgotten!

It is what it is. It's two pounds even (a 1911 is three.. I round and that was some easy rounding). Kinda heavy for some, kinda this and that.
at least it is. for some

I know all the advantages of plastics and Im sure many old time icons would use plastic guns today as that is what predominates. I however am a dinosaur. I like walnut and bluing, the darker the better. Its art to me and there were few better factory guns than any example as made by FN back in the day. I collect a few types of guns, ones on the lower $ scale and am just now beginning my FN chapter.

Sold this one to buy my friend [dog]. The High Power was nice. The dog is one in a million.
The HP trigger and I didn't get along. The safety has a different feel than a 1911. And there is no squeeze safety. So carrying cocked and locked was out for me. Others are fine with it.
I won't get another. But is was a beautiful gun! The bluing was the nicest I've seen on an auto pistol.

Last Edited: