JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So what are some rifles that are compareable to hells canyon rifle. They gotta come in 270win, gotta come with a break or threaded. And hopefully be pretty light. Ohhhh and you gotta be able to single load shells. Unlike the ruger american.

My Tikka T3x Superlite in .270 is a well-below MOA gun with a slicker than snot action and great trigger.

I like the idea of this new Meat Eater Weatherby but no way it's gonna replace my Tikka. Had a Sako A7 before which was good.

For the money it would be hard to beat the browning. It will single load by just dropping one in the action or if you practice a bit can actual single load the magazine from the action. I have one of the earlier long range models in 6.5 CM and it has great fit and finish and is very accurate. The trigger was very good out of the box but with a slight adjustment for weight of pull, it is now excellent. I love the tang safety and with the bolt release button at the top of the bolt handle. It is my favorite system now, even over the three position winchester. The hells canyon is based on the same smooth xbolt action and ticks all your boxes. The only disparaging thing I have to say is the included muzzle brake is garbage and I could perceive no reduction in recoil but it certainly affected those around me at the bench. Not being a big fan of brakes anyway I just pitched mine and put on a thread protector. Tikkas are probably the stiffest competition and I own and have owned several but I prefer the browning over them.

Oh look. The Tikka fans are already here. Wouldn't be NWFA without them. Waiting on the 6.5 creedmoor crowd to sway you to their cartridge :rolleyes:

Remington 700 T.I. Mountain Rifle, though your going to have to scour the web to find one, and then have it thredded, but it's going to be so worth it!
Tikka Super Varmint or SAKO Finnlite would also be awesome rifles!
.270 is an awesome cartridge, but why not stretch the capabilities into the 7 mm mag and really have something! :cool:

.270 is an awesome cartridge, but why not stretch the capabilities into the 7 mm mag and really have something! :cool:

I like the 270 over the 7mm mag cuz im not comfertable with any shot over 600 yards. No matter what rifle. It just isnt ethical to me. And the 270 has plenty of push for sub 600 and out preforms alot of calibers with compareable recoil. In my opiniom the 270 win is the perfect all american hunting carriage and can handle any north american game animal.

I just picked up a Browning Hells Canyon max long range in 300PRC. Highly reccomend. The 60 degree bolt lift is really nice. I like the tang safety and side bolt release. Flush mount, detachable mag. Check riser. Has alot of nice features and shoots really well. I dont think there is anything that compares in the price point. I almost bought a Begara but didnt want the weight. The max long range is 8lbs7oz. The stock muzzle brake just looks like a muzzle brake lol. Didnt brake much. Im not real experienced with magnums so Im kinda a pansy. I put a Harrels brake on, and its much much better. I also replaced the trigger spring with on from Mcarbro, and its worlds better. Im handloading and shooting brand new brass, so far Im getting 1/2 moa. I suspect it will get a lil better once the new brass is fired.

I like the 270 over the 7mm mag cuz im not comfertable with any shot over 600 yards. No matter what rifle. It just isnt ethical to me. And the 270 has plenty of push for sub 600 and out preforms alot of calibers with compareable recoil. In my opiniom the 270 win is the perfect all american hunting carriage and can handle any north american game animal.

The 270 does give you something a 7mm never would: a schit twist rate.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top