JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$380
Manufacturer
Browning
Caliber
22 Long Rifle
City
Beaverton
State
Oregon
Zip Code
So here's the story: Recently I've been getting pretty darn excited about plinking and Target shooting with 22 pistols...so much so that I bought three 22 pistols in the space of one week! The first purchase was a browning Challenger ii, which was immediately followed by a short barreled Belgium browning, and finally a 5.5" S&W model 41. I bought the second two pistols before the first one had even arrived at my FFL!
Basically: with the model 41 filling my "big 22 pistol" needs, and the Belgium browning challenger filling my "cool little plinker" needs, the browning challenger ii is the odd one out, and I'd like to free up some cash for other projects.
I paid $380.00 for this pistol on gun broker. I then bought a brand new after-market magazine for it, gave it a good cleaning, and replaced the recoil spring. The pistol appears to be in great condition for its age. It shows signs of use, but there's absolutely no rust, and fairly minimal amounts of finish wear. The grips are in good condition with no cracks, and the chamber mouth and barrel crown look pristine (No firing pin indent on the chamber mouth, hurray!). I have not had a chance to fire this pistol yet.
I'm going to ask $380.00 for the pistol, and it'll come with the extra mag, new recoil spring, and I'll throw in a recoil buffer (if you feel like using one that is). Basically that means I'm passing on the sweet deal I got on this pistol to whoever buys it, PLUS they get the mag, recoil spring, and buffer for free!
Im mostly looking to sell this one, but trade offers are always welcome, with cash either way to balance things out. My interests include CZ 9mm's, revolvers, 22 pistols, and maybe some other stuff I'm not thinking of.
471EEF4B-34DE-4505-AB7D-45605F0530D9.jpeg 7111100B-FC43-44DD-808F-D1F3F951A5D6.jpeg F390541E-CAB6-4252-B210-EE62A4043332.jpeg E383BCBB-71C8-4979-9027-FCEC4B7A2804.jpeg 609D39FC-8AB3-4BC3-9F73-3EA682ABCED3.jpeg 87D702F8-E082-42A3-A78E-207E4D99DF81.jpeg 19445C99-57B3-44D2-A019-D8CFC23239BE.jpeg 375BAF9A-7379-409F-96D5-D0BB44A12E2D.jpeg 15F5146C-6949-49ED-8901-533ABCF2BB66.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Update:
Any lurkers out there should be kicking themselves right now for not jumping on this! I just took this pistol to the range today and it shoots like an absolute dream! Right off the bat I was shooting 1.5" groups at 15 yards, which is just about the best I've ever been able to do. My 4.5" Belgium Challenger shot incredibly well as well. They're both fantastic shooters, although the Belgium version had much better fit and finish.

So, in conclusion:
  1. This pistol is definitely a keeper so I'll be closing this ad.
  2. I'll probably wind up selling the beautiful vintage model 41 I just bought instead of either of my challengers, so y'all should keep your eyes open for that,
  3. Browning challengers are amazing and you should all buy one!!! (But not from me :p)

Ok ok, I know I've flip-flopped on this a couple times, but something new has caught my eye and I'm opening this ad back up so I can justify my next purchase.
I can attest to the fact that is pistol is a fantastic shooter!!

Update:
Any lurkers out there should be kicking themselves right now for not jumping on this! I just took this pistol to the range today and it shoots like an absolute dream! Right off the bat I was shooting 1.5" groups at 15 yards, which is just about the best I've ever been able to do. My 4.5" Belgium Challenger shot incredibly well as well. They're both fantastic shooters, although the Belgium version had much better fit and finish.

So, in conclusion:
  1. This pistol is definitely a keeper so I'll be closing this ad.
  2. I'll probably wind up selling the beautiful vintage model 41 I just bought instead of either of my challengers, so y'all should keep your eyes open for that,
  3. Browning challengers are amazing and you should all buy one!!! (But not from me :p)

You need a nice Marlin 336 in 30-30 don't you?

You need a nice Marlin 336 in 30-30 don't you?
Oh wow, that's actually quite tempting :rolleyes:. If I hadn't just depleted my firearm fund with a gunbroker purchase, I'd be all over it. As it is, I'm mostly looking for a cash sale.
But...if you're thinking a straight-across trade then I might just be interested. Why don't you PM me some deets? (pics, exact model, condition, etc)

I wish someone would buy this so I can stop drooling over it. I'm trying to downsize and have no room in the safe or it would be mine.

View attachment 851633
Ironically enough, that's exactly the reason I'm selling it: too many 22's in my safe and not enough room for my new 357! First world problems, am I right?

But every time I look at these pics I get a little bit closer to closing this ad and forking out the $$ for a bigger safe...so someone better buy this soon if they want it! Take it from me: this pistol shoots as good as it looks!

Fine! I'll take it. (oh yes, she must be mine:) Let me know your preferred FFL near Beaverton (I used Tigard Pawn for the last AR-15 buy and was happy,) but as long as the price is in line, pick who you want. I work in Beaverton and am free all weekend, so let me know a time and a place.

Regards - Bill

I paid $380.00 for this pistol on gun broker. I then bought a brand new after-market magazine for it, gave it a good cleaning, and replaced the recoil spring. The pistol appears to be in great condition for its age. It shows signs of use, but there's absolutely no rust, and fairly minimal amounts of finish wear. The grips are in good condition with no cracks, and the chamber mouth and barrel crown look pristine (No firing pin indent on the chamber mouth, hurray!). I have not had a chance to fire this pistol yet.
I'm going to ask $380.00 for the pistol, and it'll come with the extra mag, new recoil spring, and I'll throw in a recoil buffer (if you feel like using one that is). Basically that means I'm passing on the sweet deal I got on this pistol to whoever buys it, PLUS they get the mag, recoil spring, and buffer for free!
Im mostly looking to sell this one, but trade offers are always welcome, with cash either way to balance things out. My interests include CZ 9mm's, revolvers, 22 pistols, and maybe some other stuff I'm not thinking of.
View attachment 840124View attachment 840126View attachment 840127View attachment 840128View attachment 840129View attachment 840130View attachment 840131View attachment 840132View attachment 840133

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.