JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently a friend offered to sell me a Browning Challenger .22 which his Dad purchased shortly after his return from WWII. It is in mint condition, and is a beautiful shooter. I, of course, added it to my small armory. (6) I am delighted with it.
However, a problem has arisen about which I need some help.
I had it cleaned. It was field stripped and reassembled, but no longer locks open when the last round is fired
I'm hoping one of you know why this happened, and what needs to be done to correct it.
Thanks for any and all help!
Popwood

Gosh, I had one of those(stolen) years ago. I'd check to make sure the magazine catch is "caught" when that happens. If the magazine pops down just a tad, the slide stop won't be pushed up. I think.

Thanks, Smoky.

I will try your suggestion.
I bought a pair of aftermarket magazines for thr gun, sinceBrowning doesn't stock them any longer. They don't work well, and I wondered if you have any idea where two or three might be found. The original whichcame with the pistol is good.

I also have a Buckmark which is a joy to shoot

Thanks again for your reply
Popwood

For magazines keep checking eBay on a regular basis. A while back I scored a half dozen NOS magazines for my BAR (there are different generations that take different mags) for something like $10 each, so you can get lucky. I keep looking for A-Bolt 22 mags, which do pop up from time to time at $100 each. I treat the one hat came with the rifle like gold.

For magazines keep checking eBay on a regular basis. A while back I scored a half dozen NOS magazines for my BAR (there are different generations that take different mags) for something like $10 each, so you can get lucky. I keep looking for A-Bolt 22 mags, which do pop up from time to time at $100 each. I treat the one hat came with the rifle like gold.
Good idea. I will give it a try. Thanks!