JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got a Buck Mark Hunter (6" bull barrel) with a 4" Tactical Solutions threaded barrel. I also got a TacSol rail that has a rear sight that works with the TacSol front sight. I have a Vortex Venom 3moa red dot on top of a YHM riser on the TacSol rail. This makes it so I can use the iron sights (visible through the YHM riser!) and the red dot! I love this pistol!

However, I bought it and all of my spare parts and extra mags before the Mark IV came out. I don't really want to sell it all to switch into Ruger land, but if I had it to do over again, I'd seriously consider a Mark IV 22/45 Lite for the easy take-down along with the better grip angle.

Here is a big consideration, though: If you want to play around with barrels, the Browning is MUCH easier! The Ruger upper-end IS the firearm and so requires an FFL any time you want to buy a new barrel. But the Buck Mark allows you to just buy another barrel and install it since the frame is the firearm.

Can you explain the "Shank"? Are you talking about the older Ruger models or is this in reference to the MK IV?

The pre-MkIV. I know the MkIV is different, but the other rugers have that sharp lever thing in grip that I have done battle with on several occasions. You could probably stab the crap out of someone with that.

The MkIV looks like a nice gun. I just like the Buckmark better.

I was a Ruger fan thru the Mark I and II's but the Mark III just didn't appeal to me for some reason. I tried a Buckmark and I was sold. Besides being easier to bbl swap they fit my hand better and I shoot better. I actually wouldn't mind having another Mark II slabside but they're getting pretty spendy when you can find one. The S&W Victory looks pretty nice but I haven't handled one yet.
IMG_2016031vc9_202554 2_zpskjdmiyvl.jpg
IMG_20160722_102233_zpsrzdsm4pn.jpg

Had a couple of different Rugers (IV and V) but I sold them. I still have a Buckmark. The stock trigger and grips are much better, and cleaning is easier. Only complaint is the safety lever is too stiff on the Buckmark. The advantage of the Ruger is it's less picky about ammo than the Buckmark. But nowadays all ammo is expensive, so it really doesn't matter.