JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$525
Manufacturer
Browning
Caliber
12 Gauge
City
Keizer
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Made in Japan by Miroku.

2 ¾" and 3" Special Steel

Ventilated rib, lightly used, excellent condition, excellent bluing, tiny marks on the wood.

Includes two chokes, lead improved/steel modified, lead modified/steel full, and changing tool.

Second owner. I bought this on a whim seven years ago. I've never even loaded it. It's time to let someone use it.

Prefer a cash sale. Buyer pays transfer fees. Face to face, Salem area . No shipping. 20210919_093128.jpg 20210919_093157.jpg 20210919_093204.jpg 20210921_100003.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
These Special Field models with straight grip stock are getting harder to find, and one of the best handling pump guns out there.
Good luck with your sale!

Knowing very little about shotguns, I cannot. Hopefully another member can shed some light on your question. Good question, anxious to learn myself.
Only thing that comes to mind is quail hunting in heavy cover. But 12ga is a bit much for quail. Unless you're trying to get as many out of the covey as you can with per shot?

Beautiful gun. Not to thread crap, but could someone explain to me the purpose of a 22" barrel with chokes?

GLWS
Better balance for upland hunting. Much faster on target, and less to get tangled in brush. A 22" barrel on a pump gun puts it at about the same overall length as a 26-28" single shot or double gun. A 28" barrel on a pump gun is obnoxious in the woods.
I also had a brain fart. The "Special Field" was remingtons short barreled 870. Browning called theirs the "Upland Special".
I had the same one, and it was my all time favorite shotgun. Only gave it up due to a bad shoulder.

Better balance for upland hunting. Much faster on target, and less to get tangled in brush. A 22" barrel on a pump gun puts it at about the same overall length as a 26-28" single shot or double gun. A 28" barrel on a pump gun is obnoxious in the woods.
I also had a brain fart. The "Special Field" was remingtons short barreled 870. Browning called theirs the "Upland Special".
I had the same one, and it was my all time favorite shotgun. Only gave it up due to a bad shoulder.
Thank you!

Grouse and pheasant (or as I call them, grouches and peasants). You know, upland game. Be a good turkey gun too I suppose.
heck of a deal on this one, I predict it won't last much longer.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.