Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Browning BDM 9mm

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by enjr4, Feb 2, 2011.

1. enjr4

enjr4 Renton, WA Active Member

Any Browning BDM owners/lovers out there. I recently picked one up and I think I am falling in love with it. :cool:
    I think it is slick. The dual mode is a bit hokey, but you don't need to use it. I have heard the firing pins are brittle but don't really know. 15 round mags are very costly, but maybe some day I will run across one at a show. Getting ready to make a rose wood grip (one piece grip) for it.

I have wandered around the net and people seem to either love it or hate it. One person even bought three so he would always have one.

Any thoughts,
    Ed

2. OcelotZ3

OcelotZ3 Corvallis Active Member

I've got one and although I haven't shot it much, I like it quite a bit.

3. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Never knew they made a 9MM, mine is a .380. I saw several what appeared to be new BDA's in OKC in December. Not on Browning's website. I like mine.

4. OcelotZ3

The OP is referring to the BDM, not the BDA... The BDM only appeared in 9mm.

5. enjr4

OcelotZ3,

Got a question you can help me with.
    Does your BDM have a lighter single action trigger when dry firing than with a live round in the chamber?

I can't think of a reason that it would; but, both me and my wife seem to think it is a lighter trigger when dry firing in single action. Can't figure that one out.

Thanks, Ed

6. OcelotZ3

I just tried it with a snap cap vs. empty and I didn't notice any large difference.

7. enjr4

Thanks, I must be playing mind games with myself. I have been using snap caps tonight and have come to the same conclusion.

Ed