JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently came into a browning 16ga auto-5 made in belguim in 1926.... I've tried to do some internet searches but it seams like its hard to find info on this shotgun. what I do know is it has "full 16 special steel" on the left of the barrel and " browning arms company ogden utah " on the top of the barrel. It's in good condition being 86 years old.

Just kinda looking for more info on this shotgun

no I don't work for Dye..... I said Retail Sales... and I have never shot it.... my father use to hunt upland birds with it 15-20 years ago but now it just sits in my gun safe as I dont have enough information on it.

I recently inherited an A5 16ga of the same era - Belgian mfg. I was looking around for info and found this site : <broken link removed> Art's is supposed to be "the expert" on A5s his site has some great video clips on their restoration process and tear down / assembly videos.

If you poke around enough you can dig up a bunch of info on them. One thing I picked up on is that many have been reassembled incorrectly and the bronze bushing that tames the recoil doesn't do its job if its put in upside down.