JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I can't seem to find replacement friction pieces for my Browning Auto-5 Magnum Twelve, 12ga.

Midway USA, Brownells and Midwest Gun Works used to carry the bronze friction pieces and rings for the Magnum. Now it seems all of them are "out of stock" and no backorder. I also checked Gunbroker and Ebay. No friction rings for the magnum guns.

Does anyone know where to find them? Has the world's friction ring supply completely dried up?

I can't seem to find replacement friction pieces for my Browning Auto-5 Magnum Twelve, 12ga.

Midway USA, Brownells and Midwest Gun Works used to carry the bronze friction pieces and rings for the Magnum. Now it seems all of them are "out of stock" and no backorder. I also checked Gunbroker and Ebay. No friction rings for the magnum guns.

Does anyone know where to find them? Has the world's friction ring supply completely dried up?

Well, production of the Auto 5 shotgun ended 18 years ago. I don't think that many people bought the magnum version, as it was strictly a hunting gun, and could not be used with light loads for target shooting. I also believe that it was only manufactured for something like 25 years.

So there probably was not a big inventory of spare parts for this shotgun to begin with.

Numrich Gun Parts shows the friction ring in stock, but it too shows the friction piece being out of stock.

You may have to retire the shotgun.

I would think that since your Magnum has 2 small friction rings instead of the standard model 12 gauge, you could order one large 12 gauge ring from Numrich and have the larger one cut in half on a lath.
The exact bevel angle could be made as it's being cut in half.
My guess is that your Magnum has two bronze rings instead of the one large ring like the 12 has, so you can swap the ring configurations around for different power loads.

Wow, sold for $65 just for the rings. And USED! Well, I figured out that you can order parts from Browning directly. Check out their page: <broken link removed>

Also, Midwest Gun Works should be getting some more parts in within the next month or two, says Geno in customer service.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top