JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I tried to do some research on that, the "CI" brand, but my search engines only returned "CCI".
It's a banner/notice/ad headlining this, NWFirearms, site. It flashes and stuff. It's available!
The thing is, I thought only .22 mag (when it comes to rimfire .22) is actually "jacketed".. with a true jacket, and all .22lr is "coated" with a copper dust (lest it's straight un-coated lead).
It'd likely get stuck in your barrel I'm sure, were it actually jacketed, in the conventional terms.
It seems to me that "CI"/Brownells is taking license with the "jacketed" term.
Pray elaborate.

CI is a brand out of Mexico. Supposedly CCI started the company a few decades ago. I've never shot it, so I can't tell you much about it. The reviews on Brownell's for CI 40gr Copper Plated Round Nose 22LR are not flattering, but on Gander Mountain they're pretty good. I'm not aware of any jacketed 22LR in regular production. I have heard rumors of special runs of the stuff, but I've never seen or touched any.

<broken link removed>

2f59217c6ac3415794ea6e170849f402.jpg

Indeed. They are saying that it's jacketed though. Check out the ad.
Probably marketing wrote the ad - either not knowing the difference or not caring - in my experience with marketing people is that they usually don't know, and if they do, they don't care - that's their job.

The fine print in the product description clearly says "plated" though, as you know, there being a big difference between the two.

Probably marketing wrote the ad - either not knowing the difference or not caring - in my experience with marketing people is that they usually don't know, and if they do, they don't care - that's their job.

The fine print in the product description clearly says "plated" though, as you know, there being a big difference between the two.

The best, or I should say highest grossing insurance salesman I ever met knew very little about his own product. Not that well spoken, and looked like a mess. He seemed to have a knack for getting people to say "yes".

The best, or I should say highest grossing insurance salesman I ever met knew very little about his own product. Not that well spoken, and looked like a mess. He seemed to have a knack for getting people to say "yes".
Gullible people.

If a salesperson doesn't know more about their product or service than I do, then they are worthless to me and I don't deal with them.

But marketing isn't sales. Related, but not the same function.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top