Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Answered Brownells banner?

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Velzey, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

So I buy allot of parts weekly from Brownells. If i follow the link via this sight will NWF get a little kickback?
    Yearly on average 20k or so in parts..

@Joe Link

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Thanks for thinking of us! We don't get a kickback from that particular banner, but most we do. We do get a kickback from Brownell's when someone makes a purchase from a link posted here :)

http://www.brownells.com

Same goes for just about any large retailer, such as Amazon, eBay, Dell, etc. You can always tell if it's an 'affiliate' if when you visit the link has some extra whatnot added to the end: http://www.brownells.com/?avad=avant&aid=41227&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-Itwine-_-Avantlink-_-Custom+Link

3. Velzey

Ok that will work, link saved!

4. Larrytpdx

Larrytpdx Portland, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Good to know

5. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Can you make a sticky post of all the affiliate links? So before I go shopping I can click the link

Dyjital likes this.
  6. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Do you have a C&R FFL? other than now being useless in Oregon, Brownells still gives you dealer pricing if you send them a copy.

7. Velzey

@bolus

I have a 01 FFL

Yep brownells gives me a pretty decent discount on most items. Actually quite a few companies give a discount if I keep my ffl on file.

308 and bolus like this.
  8. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

@Joe Link I'm with @bolus and I would love to have a listing of shopping links. I use Amazon to support OFF and wouldn't mind using the other places that I probably don't know much about to support indirectly this site.

9. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Per the feedback in this thread I spent a bit of time developing our new affiliate link block on the sidebar, which replaced the third sidebar ad. There are only a few links there now but I'll be adding more as I get time. Below the links is an Amazon box which 'supposedly' rotates popular firearm-related items, but I haven't seen it change yet :D If it doesn't work as intended we can actually choose which items display there, so we might end up doing that (maybe make it a game here?). Below those items is a search box which you can use to search for anything on Amazon. We get about 5-7% of each purchase, whether it's the item you clicked on or something else, so long as you go through that box ;)

If you guys have any other suggestions for places I should look into, please let me know. Also,