JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got this a few minutes ago.

Dear Folks,
We want to thank everyone for your patience with us. Thanks especially to those of you who told us orders were being delivered "out of cycle." We've been in business an awfully long time and are proud of our reputation for great service, so we had to find out what was going on.

And we found the problem. Simple really. About 15 years ago we put in place system logic prioritizing a few back orders ahead of others. It was a rare situation, but necessary at the time and under normal market conditions back then, those reasons made sense.

Then the world changed, and back orders ballooned into the thousands – literally – and our system and the vendor's ability to keep up just broke that logic. About 300 orders were moved to the head of the line under the old system logic, and had their orders shipped ahead of where they should have been in line. It moved all the rest of you back about 300 places in line – which, rightfully so, caused an uproar.

When we found the problem, we immediately disabled this logic, truly resuming our first in first out policy. The real problem is that demand is far greater than any factory's ability to quickly catch up.

The good news is we have cured the broken system logic; thanks for telling us. We are shipping in order received, and handling your orders the way we have always tried to – honestly, fairly, and with everything right on top of the table.
Best,
Frank & Pete Brownell

That's nice to hear.

But it's still impossible to get ahold of them! I don't know what their email backlog is, a few weeks at least it seems like. Calling their phone# usually results in a busy signal. Took me a few weeks before I was able to get ahold of them about an item that didn't get delivered... But once I got through, they sent those parts out the same day. No doubt they have great CS, but they are certainly still slammed!

Brownells has one of the best reputations in the industry. Pete Brownell still runs it like a family, and having dealt with them for a long time, I tend to believe them. I'm sorry your so butt hurt by the industry (sadly understandable with bubblegums like Cheaper Than Dirt around), but even if I had been passed over, I'd have at least appreciated the acknowledgement...

Heck yeah I'm mad. Everything I ordered wasn't on backorder for 4 whole days it showed in stock, then I got emailed saying everything I ordered is back ordered. The least they can do is hook it up or something since they screwed up.

Just out of curiosity, what do those of you who feel slighted want? They realized they had a problem, unfortunately not before some unfairness happened, and once they realized it, they publicly admitted it and took steps to make sure it won't happen again. What do you feel you are owed? Not judging, just curious...

Everybody take a step back, a deep breath and say "this too shall pass" three times.;)

I've dealt with Brownell's for at least 30 years. They are ALWAYS prompt, honest and reasonable.

They are stuck in the middle between the manufacturer and end user in a situation where demand
is far beyond supply. Cut them a little slack--guaranteed they are doing the very best they can
with a difficult situation Your stuff will get here in due time.

At least they haven't gone to scalper prices like some places!

Just out of curiosity, what do those of you who feel slighted want? They realized they had a problem, unfortunately not before some unfairness happened, and once they realized it, they publicly admitted it and took steps to make sure it won't happen again. What do you feel you are owed? Not judging, just curious...

Knock 20% off our order total. I can't imagine what kind of "logic" they supposedly setup that made sense at the time. How does shipping orders randomly make more sense than shipping them in the order received?

What if there was a ban by now and they had to cancel those back orders from 2 months ago, while those who ordered a couple weeks ago already got their mags? Yeah, I got mags, but the point is that in the political climate, they are unfairly sending mags to more recent orders while those of us waiting in line will be waiting in line some more, and may never get them before a ban could possibly be implemented. It's total bullbubblegum.

I've dealt with Brownell's for at least 30 years. They are ALWAYS prompt, honest and reasonable.

Except right now. And I don't care that it takes them 1 month or so to fulfill an order, I get the manufacturer is behind due to demand. My beef is that they are sending stock they are getting in, to more recent orders, while those of us standing in line will continue to wait. Who knows how much longer it will be, if ever. Been waiting for 2 MONTHS already, only to find out people who ordered in mid January are getting theirs already, while people like me who ordered in mid December are still waiting....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top