Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Brownells Advertisement

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by XdM, Nov 15, 2010.

1. XdM

XdM Vancouver Member

Am I going crazy? It seems every website I go to from Bleacherreport, to Youtube I keep seeing Brownell ads all over the web.

Anyone else notice this, or have some inside scoop on their marketing push? Maybe a crazy new product release coming up?

2. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

I just went to www.toyrus.com and i didn't see a brownells ad there.;)

Maybe you just have been visiting a lot of firearm related websites. They do a lot of ad units with forums and such. Youtube will taylor their ads to your search results as well because it's google driven.

3. XdM

XdM Vancouver Member

Ohhh yeah. I forgot about personalized ads - I forgot how much the internet knows about me :paranoid:

4. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

The Internet know everything.

Clear all cookies..
    Clear all history..
    Clear cache....

Select private browsing in under tools...

Bet you won't see much brownells adds.

5. Celtic Armory

Celtic Armory Port Orchard, WA Member

It's the new HTML version. It helps website advertisers track where you go through advertisement cookies. If you visit Brownell's site more than once or twice, you'll start seeing their ads everywhere. I also see ads for commerce sites I visit often like Brownell's, MidwayUSA, Springfield Armory and more. It's annoying. Not all websites are using the new coding, but those that are you'll see ads for things "that interest you".