JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is huge. I know this is a gun board so forget about health care and the other stuff. MA is 3/4 Democrats and they elected a Republican senator to replace Ted Kennedy, RIP. This sends a message not only to the White House but to all politicians that the people are not happy with what is going on. This should remind the anti 2nd Amendment politicians that the people are responding with votes to what we don't like. The liberal train just got hit with a major break job.

This is huge. I know this is a gun board so forget about health care and the other stuff. MA is 3/4 Democrats and they elected a Republican senator to replace Ted Kennedy, RIP. This sends a message not only to the White House but to all politicians that the people are not happy with what is going on. This should remind the anti 2nd Amendment politicians that the people are responding with votes to what we don't like. The liberal train just got hit with a major break job.

:banana::s0053::s0056:

I believe this is just the begining and we will be taking back the congress from any politician that does not stand WITH the American people. This is a great victory. Many more to come!

Any Dem could reply that Martha Coakley was a terrible candidate and that even if this is a referendum on the current health-care debate, Obama hasn't had any time to work through the terrible situation he was handed by GW.

But this a board about firearms, so perhaps that political debate can occur elsewhere.
:)

I think this is huge. Already you have Democratic senators like Webb from Virginia and Evan Bayh from Indiana talking about suspending efforts on the Health Care monstrosity until Brown is seated. This is a major development in politics as it shows EVERY leftist politician that no seat is safe--- Not even in Massachusetts, which voted for the current president by a margin of 26%.
My other hope (related to this forum) is that extremist moves like this so-called "Assault Weapons Ban" in Washington will be affected too as legislators start to see a major turn against the party in power at the national level and grow cautious via the trickle effect down to local politics.
It's a good night to be an American, regardless of your party affiliation. :s0155:

Well..as I always tell people who want to talk politics.."They're all crooks..some worse than others (ie. the current administration)..but..I'll take the crook that stands on the right side of the issues".. Hoo Ahh for Brown..:s0155:

Well, this thread has the potential to get locked quickly. But my two cents. Regardless of your political affiliation, at least this removes one party's "super-majority." I know its wishful thinking, but does this mean we can now have open and meaningful debate on all issues, both 2nd Amendment and otherwise, without getting things shoved down the throat of the American people?

I know its wishful thinking, but does this mean we can now have open and meaningful debate on all issues, both 2nd Amendment and otherwise, without getting things shoved down the throat of the American people?

Are you kidding? According to the Economist, the 09 Congress was the most partisan, with 9 out of 10 bills being voted on exactly down party lines.

Clinton worked well with the Republican congress, but I dare say things have been poisoned now and I don't see much of a chance.

The Republicans between 2000 and 2006 locked the Dems out of every meeting. The Dems now seem to think there's no reason to behave otherwise.

Any Dem could reply that Martha Coakley was a terrible candidate and that even if this is a referendum on the current health-care debate, Obama hasn't had any time to work through the terrible situation he was handed by GW.

But this a board about firearms, so perhaps that political debate can occur elsewhere.
:)

Visceral, from you post, I would guess that you are a registered Democrat. I am a registered Rebublican. However, if we were to sit down over a cup of coffee or a beer, I bet we would agree on most of the major issues. The problem is that both of the two major political parties have lost touch with what the majority of the american people really want to see happen. Both parties are too far off to the extreme. We need to find middle ground. You and I can probably agree to this, too bad the people we elected to represent us can't.

Visceral, from you post, I would guess that you are a registered Democrat. I am a registered Rebublican. However, if we were to sit down over a cup of coffee or a beer, I bet we would agree on most of the major issues. The problem is that both of the two major political parties have lost touch with what the majority of the american people really want to see happen. Both parties are too far off to the extreme. We need to find middle ground. You and I can probably agree to this, too bad the people we elected to represent us can't.

And to re-enforce your point, I totally agree.
:s0114:

On the other hand, I'll double down on your assumption by making the statement that neither you or I could get elected as a congressman. We have too many morals to do what it takes to get elected.

Let the DC cleansing begin. ITs time for AMERICANS to remember the constitution and why the Pilgrims left England for freedom and liberty in America. End Rant

This is not a republican vs democrat thing! This is about we the people being done taking the back door dealings, open bribery, and more to the point, assaults on our rights. The President, Congress, the Senate, the governors, and on down the line were just handed a notice.

I don't care what political party you are in. It is time to put aside the bickering. I notice one person who stuck out very quickly here, was quickly defending the democrats. There is no defense for either party. Both have proven there is way too much corruption, and neither care about us. We have to vote for the PEOPLE who do from here on out.

Good for Brown and better for America!

This issue is about gun rights and the voices being heard.

Don't forget New Jersey has a new govenor.... *gasp* a republican. I think the 2010 election is going to be worse on the Dems than 1994 turn over.

I hear the words of a classic 80's hair band... Let's see... How did those words go... That's right.... Were not gonna take it, no! Were not gonna take it... How fitting.

I guess there are some good people left in MA after all.

SF-

This is good news! Hopefully the people are catching on and will demand a return to the constitution and freedom and an end to the bailouts for the banking cartel and an end of the out of control spending.

Now hopefully the Republicans will have the guts to filibuster any legislation that will compromise our freedoms. I am somewhat skeptical though, since there is plenty of corruption on both sides of the aisle and many Republicans who voted for all the bailouts and so-called "stimulus package" for politically connected special interests.

:s0133:

I've been watching this all day, the fact that MA had no exit polls made for quite the nail-biter! I'm very happy Brown won.

Regarding this thread, I appreciate everyone keeping it gun-related and light on the back and forth politics. As long as it continues this way I see no reason to close it ;)

If (when) the Health Care Bill fails Mr. Obama will go lame duck earlier than any president in history. This is his biggest fear.

Guess he (Obama) is not the chosen one after all. Seems that things are getting more and more difficult day by day (or should I say by elections). Maybe he's learning just how lonely it can be at the top.

Lets all go out tomorrow and buy a new Firearm. That will show em. Or maybe just a box of ammo as I did not get my weekly money from the Wife.

+100 Not only will that send a message about the value we place on our 2nd Amendment rights, but it will help out our ailing economy! I think you are on to something big.

MURIKA!! YEAH!! :s0160:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top