Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Brown vetoes semi-auto ban, but bans lead ammo for hunting

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

Probably because Moonbeam figured ammo restrictions would be less likely to see the Supremes bend CA over the bench and make it their cellblock girlfriend... LOL

That, or he's starting to learn the lesson about overreach that Fuhrer Barack das Erste refuses to... the most dangerous opposition in politics are the ones who know just how far they can push, push that far, and then bide their time to wait for the next opportunity to move the ball a few more yards down the field.

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Does that mean Police can no longer use lead ammunition in their guns either?

4. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Shouldn't that be Der Ersten? For masculine or did you mean die Erste for feminine. My high school and college Deutsch is a bit rusty.

Brutus out

5. John H

John H Whatcom County Well-Known Member

Danm I was hoping he was going to sign it. This should have woke a few people up. I was hoping it caused a real bubblegum storm.

6. chariot13

chariot13 Near Eugene/Springfield Well-Known Member

It should. The cops shoot more innocent civilians than hunters bag game down there.

7. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

If they are worried about the detrimental effects of lead, they should! :p

8. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

Watch for the lead ammo ban as a way to bypass the 2A.

This is honestly a more dangerous trend to us in the long term than traditional gun-control bills.

1st, it's usually imposed as an administrative rule, not a specific passage of a law by the legislature. That makes it all but impossible to over-turn.
    2nd, it's always touted as a safety issue based on lead-exposure. Look at the over-reaction to second-hand smoke for an example of how over-reaching this can get with broad popular support. (I can't even smoke in a public park, outdoors, even if no one's within 100 feet of me).

This is a stealth issue that will have us all relegated to frangible ammo. Lat time I checked, that runs about $35 a 50-rd box, or about 4-5 times what I was paying for cheap practice ammo even a year ago.

That in turn, makes this a rich man's hobby. It won't take much else in the way of specific gun-control legislation to make gun ownership such a hassle no one will bother. that means fewer gun owners, which means even more draconian gun legislation down the pike.

If your no other reason, you should be looking with favor on any attempts to muzzle the EPA because you value your 2A rights. This is yet another federal agency which has become an unaccountable, non-elected and enormously disproportionately powerful arm of government, which always seems to go after the little guy, while leaving the fat cats that throw thousands of tons of toxic chemicals into rivers and groundwater untouched.

9. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

Lead, steel, copper, brass....all originated from the earth in one form or another. Must be going after reloaders that cast!

10. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

So's mine, amigo... though I don't particularly care on this one--if HE can't be bothered to do his homework (like BASIC Con Law), why should I? As long as the point gets made that this buttclown is cut from the same soiled cloth as Funny Mustache Guy... both, in clinical terms, appear to be Messianic Psychopaths.

11. John H

John H Whatcom County Well-Known Member

What does the EPA have do to with this? They have already stated they do not have the authority to regulate ammo.

12. Misterbill

THIS time around. If you think that's going to last, you are sadly mistaken.

13. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Did the No Lead bil only apply to hunting? What about for other uses.
    The fact he vetoed the semi auto ban was a big step.
    The lead ban can be challenged.

14. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

SO he put an end to Muzzle loading hunting I CA. WOW will that piss off a few people

15. U201491

You mean as in blood poisoning..........:)

16. U201491

It may at election time if it woke enough people up.

17. Misterbill

In California? Gimme a break.