JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Brown vetoes semi-auto bill but slams hunters with lead ammo ban

:s0131:
California Gov. Jerry Brown today vetoed a ban on semi-automatic rifles but threw hunters under the bus by signing legislation that outlaws the use of lead ammunition for hunting, the Sacramento Bee is reporting.

<broken link removed>

Probably because Moonbeam figured ammo restrictions would be less likely to see the Supremes bend CA over the bench and make it their cellblock girlfriend... LOL

That, or he's starting to learn the lesson about overreach that Fuhrer Barack das Erste refuses to... the most dangerous opposition in politics are the ones who know just how far they can push, push that far, and then bide their time to wait for the next opportunity to move the ball a few more yards down the field.

Watch for the lead ammo ban as a way to bypass the 2A.

This is honestly a more dangerous trend to us in the long term than traditional gun-control bills.

1st, it's usually imposed as an administrative rule, not a specific passage of a law by the legislature. That makes it all but impossible to over-turn.
2nd, it's always touted as a safety issue based on lead-exposure. Look at the over-reaction to second-hand smoke for an example of how over-reaching this can get with broad popular support. (I can't even smoke in a public park, outdoors, even if no one's within 100 feet of me).

This is a stealth issue that will have us all relegated to frangible ammo. Lat time I checked, that runs about $35 a 50-rd box, or about 4-5 times what I was paying for cheap practice ammo even a year ago.

That in turn, makes this a rich man's hobby. It won't take much else in the way of specific gun-control legislation to make gun ownership such a hassle no one will bother. that means fewer gun owners, which means even more draconian gun legislation down the pike.

If your no other reason, you should be looking with favor on any attempts to muzzle the EPA because you value your 2A rights. This is yet another federal agency which has become an unaccountable, non-elected and enormously disproportionately powerful arm of government, which always seems to go after the little guy, while leaving the fat cats that throw thousands of tons of toxic chemicals into rivers and groundwater untouched.

Shouldn't that be Der Ersten? For masculine or did you mean die Erste for feminine. My high school and college Deutsch is a bit rusty.

Brutus out
So's mine, amigo... though I don't particularly care on this one--if HE can't be bothered to do his homework (like BASIC Con Law), why should I? As long as the point gets made that this buttclown is cut from the same soiled cloth as Funny Mustache Guy... both, in clinical terms, appear to be Messianic Psychopaths.

Did the No Lead bil only apply to hunting? What about for other uses.
The fact he vetoed the semi auto ban was a big step.
The lead ban can be challenged.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top