Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

brown camp quarry open

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by schon 631, Jul 13, 2013.

1. schon 631

schon 631 Portland OR New Member

Does anyone know if the rock quarry is open for shooting,I am planning on going there tomorrow 7/14.thanks

2. toaster

toaster NE Portland New Member

I went Tuesday and it was open. Had a lovely morning. Fire restrictions might be be in effect; maybe bring a shovel and fire extinguisher or water.

3. billyinfinity

billyinfinity Portland All pie, all the time. 2015 Volunteer

I was there yesterday. It was open. We did have a couple interruptions with a dump truck and tractor coming in to grab some boulders but they were in and out and promised they wouldn't interrupt us anymore after their second trip. I did see the forest service fire truck making rounds but they didn't stop to check if we had shovels or extinguishers or water...

4. billyinfinity

billyinfinity Portland All pie, all the time. 2015 Volunteer

Also... pick up after yourself. There were four other parties coming and going while I was there and only one of them policed their brass and shells. We left with far more than we brought. Do your part.

5. Cryogaijin

Cryogaijin Portland New Member

I went out on the 18th and the Quarry was closed, as it was being used to make gravel for the roads up there. No idea when it might be open again.

6. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

As a heads up, you are required to have a shovel, axe, and extenguisher or water in your rig if you are on the dirt roads out in the forest per fire regs right now.

7. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

Make sure its a real shovel, I believe the length has be at least 4 feet, no folding shovels. Also a real axe not a hatchet and at least a gallon of water.

8. Cryogaijin

Cryogaijin Portland New Member

From the official site.

Norm0931 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

We should get those official rules Stickied or something. Makes our community look better if we as a group are doing the right thing and being responsible.

10. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

I set out my shovel/axe/water and fire extinguisher next to my truck before picking up trash. I've only used the water once to put out some shotgun shells that someone raked up, set on fire, and left. Sunday I only had to clean up 1 1/2 contractor bags of crap. Two weeks ago the area was actually pretty clean. Seems to be getting better there.

11. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member