JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Kate Brown's firearms confiscation bill, HB 4145 passed out of the House Judiciary Committee today with the help of Republicans Andy Olson and Richard Vial.

Representatives Post and Sprenger voted no, Representative Duane Stark was excused.

The bill included the "dash 2" amendment which made the bill only slightly less awful.

Under the "dash 2" amendment a person who DID NOT contest a restraining order would not automatically lose their gun rights as they did in the original bill.

Militant anti-gunner Jennifer Williamson expressed her disapproval of the amendment and promised to keep working to expand gun prohibitions.

The bill still requires people who have been the respondents of "stalking orders" to give up firearms even if they have never violated the order.

The bill still expands the definition of "family members" to anyone you have ever had an "intimate relationship" with.

This is still very, very dangerous legislation.

We will follow up soon with suggested actions to fight this bill in the full House.

The post Brown's Confiscation Bill Passes Out Of Committee appeared first on Oregon Firearms Federation.

------
Oregon Firearms Federation

More and more I'm losing my connection to Oregon as my home. I was born here as was my dad, awesome place to grow up in the 60's and 70's. I remember the population sign in Hillsboro reading 16,XXX. I removed myself to the country in my early 30's to fulfill my desire for personal freedom, unencumbered by a collective mindset that was becoming rampant among the sprawl. My dad was the only one of his siblings that relocated to the 'city' for work in the 50's and I always had a strong connection w/the simpler lifestyle of my relatives who remained more self sufficient in rural areas.

While I have no personal 'dog in the fight' on this bill it I am no the less emotionally connected to it. It p***es me off that we can be run over by people who don't even represent us, 2 repubs voted in favor!! I wrote some pretty pointed words to a couple different representatives about this, it's the language. Think about it, how many intimate relationships have you had in your life? Those people are now your family members who can do you real harm w/a phone call. It just baffles me how language like that is justifiable. Plus the fact it's just wrong, but, it's a win for them.

I hear you @Mistman. I was born and raised here. I've lived and worked all over the state, from the central coast, to the north coast, to the high plains in the east, to the southern area. To call this territory beautiful would be a gross understatement. Alas, the governmental insanity coming out of Salem only appears to be becoming worse and worse with each passing year. I fear there will come a day in which we will have to cast our gaze eastward and move on.

Taking a scouting trip to Idaho come spring, gonna plan a it round ipsc or steel match at the Namph gun club.

Our son lives there and is never coming back. Says he done with the Baby Blue state. Keeps telling us we need to move over there.

80s pop group, Missing Persons. "What are words for, if no ones listening". I watched the wall of unimpressed commity members and all the smiles of the red shirted comrades of the Blumberg brigade. The vote was only going one way.

I have to admire their fact checking or lack of it. The board members also didn't seem interested in them anyway. I never heard one argument or testimony where this law would have stopped someone and I was there beginning to end.

80s pop group, Missing Persons. "What are words for, if no ones listening". I watched the wall of unimpressed commity members and all the smiles of the red shirted comrades of the Blumberg brigade. The vote was only going one way.

I have to admire their fact checking or lack of it. The board members also didn't seem interested in them anyway. I never heard one argument or testimony where this law would have stopped someone and I was there beginning to end.
No fact checking is needed when NY money is going into their pockets

No fact checking is needed when NY money is going into their pockets
That was actually brought up once in someone's comments but was done fairly polite and rushed in the 2 mins allowed to speak . I think it flew under the radar. No one acknowledged said remark.

More and more I'm losing my connection to Oregon as my home. I was born here as was my dad, awesome place to grow up in the 60's and 70's. I remember the population sign in Hillsboro reading 16,XXX. I removed myself to the country in my early 30's to fulfill my desire for personal freedom, unencumbered by a collective mindset that was becoming rampant among the sprawl. My dad was the only one of his siblings that relocated to the 'city' for work in the 50's and I always had a strong connection w/the simpler lifestyle of my relatives who remained more self sufficient in rural areas.

While I have no personal 'dog in the fight' on this bill it I am no the less emotionally connected to it. It p***es me off that we can be run over by people who don't even represent us, 2 repubs voted in favor!! I wrote some pretty pointed words to a couple different representatives about this, it's the language. Think about it, how many intimate relationships have you had in your life? Those people are now your family members who can do you real harm w/a phone call. It just baffles me how language like that is justifiable. Plus the fact it's just wrong, but, it's a win for them.

They are targeting 1 group of the population of Oregon. Stripping the rights of a few they dont like .while showing favortisim toward others . THATS RACISM

Taking a scouting trip to Idaho come spring, gonna plan a it round ipsc or steel match at the Namph gun club.

Our son lives there and is never coming back. Says he done with the Baby Blue state. Keeps telling us we need to move over there.
My dad did the same and refuses to cross back into Oregon as a matter of principle.

My dad did the same and refuses to cross back into Oregon as a matter of principle.
I would leave if I was younger. I have lived in Oregon almost 60 years.It is now a pathetic joke Califonia is not a example to follow in any form. The people of Oregon needs new government.

The people of Oregon needs new government.
Perhaps a less hypocritical one as well. The Governor's armed personal security in a secured building while attending a hearing telling people guns are bad is...what? The new way forward? Close your eyes. You don't want to see what's coming next.

Taking campaign money from people that are NOT Oregon full time residents should be illegal . I don't see why it isnt. It is the same principal as if a Presidential candidate took money from Russia. Oregon is now A bought and payed for dictatorship.

Last Edited:
Not even a little surprised, this is a year of same ole same ole opposition to these laws.
Its not like Salem was going to wake up and go wow, maybe we shouldn't do this?
Being most of them still believe in Unicorns and Fairy tales thats not gonna happen.
At the last Presidential Election. 80% of Registered voters in Oregon Voted. But sadly only about 78% of Republicans voted. That is a huge hole even though it was a record year. So when these law makers in office have elections for their positions we need to show up 100% in our districts. Lobby's are worthless as used toilet paper if the people holding the offices oppose Gun Rights. Yet every single year we do the same ole crap and laws pass and we go wow howd that happen. Those that know my post know I have been saying this in forums for over 10 years and yet we act all mad and surprised when laws pass like some how doing the same thing year after year was supposed to change anything. ? Honestly... laws pass because many gun owners are stupid as a back of rocks. They figure their vote don't matter so they don't vote. The figure giving money to a pro-gun lobby will resolve them of all their problems, when in reality gun lobbies have not stopped or prevented anything in a decade or more. These laws passing suck huge, and yet we all seem to think Rallys and paying Lobbies is the answer when it has not worked period. But hey what do I know, let just keep doing the same ole crap and act surprised and out-raged when the laws pass this year ..... and they will.

Taking campaign money from people that are NOT Oregon full time residents should be illegal . I don't see why it isnt. It is the same principal as if a Presidential candidate took money from Russia. Oregon is now A bought and payed for dictatorship.

There are laws regarding the contribution of foreign money. That's why the Clinton Global Foundation is in Canada. Regarding domestic contributions, the Supreme Court has ruled that the 1st Amendment allows a wide variety of sources of political donations.

So Guys if and when this one gets passed. That gal you had a 1 night stand with at closing time 30 years ago can have you disarmed. After all you did not call her back you must be a threat.

So Guys if and when this one gets passed. That gal you had a 1 night stand with at closing time 30 years ago can have you disarmed. After all you did not call her back you must be a threat.
Actually this is very true, not only that, according to the wording it could be as simple as meeting someone for lunch or being denied a job by a male. When laws are written so loosely it leaves it up to the judge to define it.

Think about, a law passed by dozens approved by one and is judged by one. Tht being if the police alone and other have not already defined it. Why I get protecting anyone against violence this law is about the clearest one ever passed in Oregon where you are indeed GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT WITH NO DUE PROCESS !!!

Actually this is very true, not only that, according to the wording it could be as simple as meeting someone for lunch or being denied a job by a male. When laws are written so loosely it leaves it up to the judge to define it.

Think about, a law passed by dozens approved by one and is judged by one. Tht being if the police alone and other have not already defined it. Why I get protecting anyone against violence this law is about the clearest one ever passed in Oregon where you are indeed GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT WITH NO DUE PROCESS !!!

No one will be proved innocent unless they are wealthy.but if they were wealhy enough they would be better off just out bidding Bloomberg and it would probably be tax deductible.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top