JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello, I Have a Bronco (aka bicycle) .22lr . I got it from my grandpa years ago, and would like to see it in working order for once. I have called around and brought it to a few shops in the Gresham area and no one really wants to touch it.

The problem is:the sear to keep the firing pin in place after loading will engage without pulling the trigger. As you can see this is bad.
i took some pics, maybe they can help. gun3.jpg gun4.jpg gun5.jpg

gun3.jpg

gun4.jpg

gun5.jpg

Hi youknowmeman,

"The problem is:the sear to keep the firing pin in place after loading will engage without pulling the trigger. As you can see this is bad."

Need more Information?
The Sear does not work on/with the Firing Pin. The Sear engages the Hammer, The Hammer fall off the Sear? Is this what is happening?
Then the Sear disconect from the Hammer, The Hammer falls on the Firing Pin? Is this right?
What is the model and who make it?
Let me know,
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

sounds like a new sear needs to be made, a new edge cut into the existing one if enough material is still there, or a new ledge cut for the sear to engage. I would have to see the actual parts to figure out how difficult it would be to make. If you do make a new sear you would want to fit it so it works correctly and then heat treat/harden it to make sure it doesn't wear out.
It is also possible that a spring is broken or has become too weak to engage the sear or reset the trigger.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top