Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Brokos belt question

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Kevatc, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Been toying with the idea of a Brokos belt now for awhile. They are spendy so I have been reluctant to pull the trigger. I know there are cheaper options out there but I like the options of these two in particular:

So are there any users out there that could share their opinions?

These two below seem to be the same price so I guess it comes down to my color choice and if I want padding or not.

This one is padded which is appealing:

TYR Brokos Battle Belt with Padding/ No Armor - TYR Tactical - Plate Carrier, Body Armor, Tactical Gear, Tactical Armor

This is the Viking Tactics Brokos belt:

Viking Tactics, Inc.

2. OFADAN

OFADAN Brownsville, OR Well-Known Member

3. OFADAN

OFADAN Brownsville, OR Well-Known Member

Kevatc, a buddy gave me the VTC belt for Christmas in 2010. I started using it and gave it a shake down during a three day handgun/carbine Tactical Combat Casuality Course i attended as a student. I attached my handgun holster, kangaroo mag pouch, IFAK, & tournequit to it & we trained with our tournequits a lot as well as our firearms. The belt was a lifesaver. I comfy ably carried all this gear with less fatigue. Also it allowedme access to mission critical gear.

Now it resides in my truck. And I use it almost weekly when the hound and I go into the woods to practice and train in tracking. I just throw it on and have critical equipment if something goes wrong in the woods. The only thing is I need to build and carry an IFAK for the hound.

This is not something I would have gotten for myself but now that I have it I find it valuable.

4. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Thanks Dan. Looking at the two examples I linked do you think the padding is worthwhile? The cost of each is the same. My first exposure to the VTAC belt was with a fellow student in your defensive carbine/rifle course at OFA a summer or two ago and he spoke highly of it. I have continued to work on drills and skills learned in the OFA ourse and I have found that plastic/kydex mag holders jabbing me in the hips and tummy can take some of he fun out of training.

What does IFAK mean?