Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

broken mag release on phoenix .22

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by FriendOfEvanWilliams, Feb 15, 2010.

1. FriendOfEvanWilliams

FriendOfEvanWilliams Juneau, Alaska Member

So I was taking the magazine out of my cheap little Phoenix HP22, which I had up until now been pretty impressed with for the price, and the mag release button popped off. I found the button but the spring was nowhere to be found. Now, I know it's a piece of crap gun, but is it more worth it to actually fix it or just buy a whole new .22 pistol? And where would I go to get it fixed?

Thanks,
    Jordan

2. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Most of the parts are sold out here but this will give you an idea what you need.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/products_new.asp?CatID=3779

3. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Try calling them and see if they will still send parts. I did this years back and had no problem getting them to send the parts. Shipping should be a postage stamp for that small part and they're in California anyway.

909-937-6900

4. larryh1108

larryh1108 CT Member

I thought they were in Ontario? I could be wrong. I may have the spring you need if you wish to replace it. I wouldn't sell my HP22 for any other .22. It is a fun gun that is accurate, cheap and easy to field strip and clean. of course, you can buy a new one for about $100 and send me yours for parts! :D