JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was taking the magazine out of my cheap little Phoenix HP22, which I had up until now been pretty impressed with for the price, and the mag release button popped off. I found the button but the spring was nowhere to be found. Now, I know it's a piece of crap gun, but is it more worth it to actually fix it or just buy a whole new .22 pistol? And where would I go to get it fixed?

Thanks,
Jordan

So I was taking the magazine out of my cheap little Phoenix HP22, which I had up until now been pretty impressed with for the price, and the mag release button popped off. I found the button but the spring was nowhere to be found. Now, I know it's a piece of crap gun, but is it more worth it to actually fix it or just buy a whole new .22 pistol? And where would I go to get it fixed?

Thanks,
Jordan

Most of the parts are sold out here but this will give you an idea what you need.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/products_new.asp?CatID=3779

Try calling them and see if they will still send parts. I did this years back and had no problem getting them to send the parts. Shipping should be a postage stamp for that small part and they're in California anyway.

909-937-6900

I thought they were in Ontario? I could be wrong. I may have the spring you need if you wish to replace it. I wouldn't sell my HP22 for any other .22. It is a fun gun that is accurate, cheap and easy to field strip and clean. of course, you can buy a new one for about $100 and send me yours for parts! :D

You are right, the pistol is one cheap piece of crap but for that lady who's wanting to protect herself in an abusive relationship it is not a bad deal. It is a fun plinking pistol too. They sell the kit on Pheonix's web site for $8. The fix is very cheap and easy, there are several YouTube videos on the repair. I had to repair mine but the release was so light that it would release the magazine while in my pocket (I have a CHP). I am going to buy another kit and see if I have better luck the next time around. Fix it and keep practicing with cheap and abundant ammo unless you are ready for the next level, if so fix it and give it to your wife or child.

You should see some of the PMs I have received with timestamps in the 1:00 — 3:00 AM time frames. :s0165:
1293489183267_458509.png

Thanks,
Jordan
Forget about it and buy a real gun would be my advice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top