JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well that's good news.

As to triggers.
A lot of the breakage I read about usually involved a hyperfire trigger.
Some seem to think overpowered hammer springs are beating up the pins.

I'm running a CMC PCC trigger in mine.
What trigger did it come with?

I think it's mainly due to the overall geometry of the pin itself vs a standard .223/5.56 firing pin. Broken bolt stops is another known issue with AR9's, although I've personally never had one break.

There are two main problems with an AR9 (blowback). 1st one is that the AR was obviously never originally chambered for 9mm. Yes, the AR can be made to reliably run 9mm, .40 or even .45, but changing the operating system from D.I. to blowback, can be problematic.

2nd, there aren't any milspec type standards for manufactures to follow, so while a lot of parts are fairly close across the board from various manufacturers, they don't always play nice together. I always recommend someone buying a complete AR9 (rifle or pistol) from a reputable manufacturer. If you prefer to put one together yourself, I'd recommend getting most if not all of the major parts from the same manufacturer. By doing this, you can reduce the likelihood of having issues and make it easier to troubleshoot if need be.

Having a AR9 that won't run for whatever reason is super frustrating! I have been there, done that. On the other hand, a properly tuned AR9 made with quality parts from a reputable manufacturer is a joy to behold! I do love me some AR9's.

In fact, I have not shot mine since basically from the beginning of the pandemic. Just didn't want to part with my 9mm ammo. I think I'm going to change that and just bite the bullet (pun intended). Going to dust the cobwebs on mine and shoot the next speed steel match with it. Good times for sure!

Glad to hear that the OP was able to get his issue resolved. Hopefully it was just a fluke with his firing pin and he can get out and shoot it trouble free.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top