Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

broke slide release

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by spengo, Jul 11, 2009.

1. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

I broke the slide stop on my pre-B CZ-75. Does anyone know what might have caused this? I have never shot steel-cased, handloads, or other weird ammunition from it, just normal factory stuff. Anyone know of a place I could find a new slide stop around here? Also, I'd like to get the gun thoroughly checked out by a gunsmith. Who is the recommended smith in the area for CZ-75s?

2. Keane

Keane Hillsboro, OR Active Member

This is something that happens with the CZ-75. It is considered a 'wear' piece I think.

If you call CZ, they will send you replacements.

3. spengo

Okay, I'll give them a call on monday, they don't have office hours during the weekend.

4. Keane

Nope, they dont. For their IPSC people, I think they sell the CZ75 with a whole package of slide-stops. It seems to be an issue for some, but not every owner, which is weird, but how it seems to work.

I think if you ask, they'll send you a few, free of charge.

5. spengo

Really? I hope they still have pre-B slide stops around. I just started doing IPSC so having a baggy full of them might be a good idea.

6. Keane

As far as I know, they are compatible, aren't they? Otherwise, I'm sure they do.

7. spengo

They are compatible iirc, but they don't look quite as pretty on a pre-b