1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Broke out the '69 from winter storage....

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by VW_Factor, Mar 9, 2011.

1. VW_Factor

VW_Factor Woodburn Oregon Active Member

Fixed the fuel leak, and took her out today. Wish it could have been under better circumstances, but the TDI has a bad wheel bearing atm, and the truck is in the shop getting its rear main seal replaced..

One thing at a time.

Hopped in and man, my gun is really jabbing me in the side.. Need new seat covers I guess, the lumbar supports in these push my gun into my side wrong. Kind of a bummer, because these seats with these covers are comfy. :/

Just posting this, simply because while its a bummer to have my other vehicles kinda borked atm.. Its just a plain blast to drive the ol' VW. Sounds beautiful accelerating down the road. :)
  2. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

I had Corbeau fixed back race seats in my old Nissan Z. I don't think I could have carried in that without serious discomfort. Big side supports are great for cornering but suck when you have a hunk of metal on your side! In the Camaro it's not quite as bad but it still has stock seats with old worn down sides. If I upgrade the seats in that I'll have to take the CCW into account, no more fixed race seats that fit your butt like a thimble.