JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, so, I learned this weekend...Do NOT shoot your 44 mag with the butt of the grip resting on a stump. About 12 rounds or so in, I was missing a piece of the grip. Not a huge piece, but enough...grrrr...

Anyone know if Ruger would consider this a warranty issue???
Literally, this was my second time out shooting this handgun and have barely put 70 rounds through her.

Comments???

I'll spare you the comment about the stupidity of what you have done. Doubt that Ruger would consider this a warranty issue. The good news is the Super Blackhawk is common and easy to find grips for. I'd just chalk this up as a learning experience and go buy the grips I want!

Next time, steady the gun by placing the frame in front of the trigger guard on the rest.

Ya know, I shouldn't have said "stupidity". We all learn things the hard way. I've learned my share. Don't rest the grip on a hard surface, ok?:s0155:

Last Edited:
I hear ya! It wasn't in direct contact with the stump..LOL. It had one layer of sweatshirt under it. But apparently, that wasn't enough. I love this handgun! I am now researching the first step of reloading... Looks to me like a fun addition to shooting.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone that's starting to reload. Go by a Lyman manual and read it. There is a ton of information for the new reloader in there. Have fun!

I sent in an online request for information on Ruger's Website. This is what I sent and the response I got:

Comment / question: I was shooting my Ruger Super Blackhawk with the butt of the grips on one layer of a sweatshirt over a stump. After about 15 to 20 rounds, it was missing a piece of the left grip. It broke on the forward bottom of the grip, at an angle across what appears to be a retaining pin?

My question is: Is this something that Ruger will fix as a warranty issue?

Response: Please resend this email with your mailing address and a new set of grips will be sent to you.

Wow! That's awesome. I only had to deal with Ruger's customer service once and was very pleased. This seems to be "above and beyond". How cool for you?:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top