Broke down and handled a P365..

Reactions
Me too just handled one out of curiosity. It was alot easier to conceal than I thought and was really the smoothest shooting CCW pistol I have ever owned. BUT I read the XL was even easier shooting.

OP
powermad

powermad

Reactions
I think for deep conceal it’s probably a really solid option. I didn’t care for the ergos when I handled one. Then again, I carry a full sized gun.
When I seen the 365 it had the flush 10 round mag. I really don't like that short of a grip.
The 12 round mag or an extended base plate fixes that.
I need more mag release as I kinda fumble with this one at the moment. Armory Craft has extended ones that will probably help. But overall it does fit in my hand well and I don't have to putz with it to get it settled.
kSpksFal.jpg
ary0ZUEl.jpg

The smallest gun I have had was a Sig P225 and I shot it well, I expect this will be similar except the 365 doesn't pinch the crap out of my finger like the 225 did.
Lately a P229 is the smallest gun I carry.
2UMTCjLl.jpg
Definitely opens up the wardrobe choices and you don"t need a belt that could be used in an emergency to hoist a Cat 3406E.

Some size pix against my M11-A1 (P229 9mm)
hh2yknCl.jpg
U6ilECVl.jpg
2UyLZQpl.jpg
2dW6DOdl.jpg

Reactions
When Glock brought out their 43, Sig showed their P365, which I thought was superior. Glock saw this & introduced their 43X, then Sig upped the ante again.

All 4 are outstanding, but I recently handled & fired Glock's model 48. Its less than an inch wide, has a 4.2" barrel, longer more comfortable grip, and not really much bigger than the other 4. With the right holster, I think it would be a terrific CCW.

Reactions
I did pick one up right before 1639 went into effect here in WA. Kind of an impulse buy. In retrospect, I kind of wonder if I would have been happier with a P320 and then buying compact modules and slides or whatever to make it more 365ish. The one I bought was FDE, and there seems to be a shortage of mags in FDE to buy anywhere.

The downsides to me were:
No easy optic cut rail. Would like to have that option.
No threaded barrel unless I buy one.
No manual safety. I like to have it as an option.

Otherwise I carry it all the time and love it.

HA556

Reactions
  • Howdy Y'all
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Instant Updates
I was surprised to see that the P365 was actually smaller than my favored PPS... not by a lot, but definitely some.

I'm 99% sure that a P365 will be my summer carry piece in 2020, probably the original version.

Shame it doesn't come in .40.
The PPS just fits me better in the grip than the 365 does. I liked how it felt but, it just didn't click for me if you know what I mean. My PPS and me have almost become inseparable!:D Look forward to hearing how you like it.:s0155:

OP
powermad

powermad

Reactions
I can never leave stuff alone.
Swapped out the sights for a set of XS DXT2 sights with a red front.
Swapped in an XL grip module and Hogue sleeve.
Swapped out the trigger for a Gray Guns straight adjustable trigger.
Screenshot_20200203-153905.png
Packing it around in a Versacarry.
Screenshot_20200212-163917.png

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done a lot of deals here
    Gary's easy to work with when in town.
    • matts
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Business!
    I have been going to Vancouver Weapon Werx for years and know both owners quite well. The only downfall is I go there to purchase or have a gun...
  • SafeFire Indoor Shooting Range & Retail
    5.00 star(s)
    A great, safe place to go shooting
    Love this place!! Great staff, the range masters are friendly, helpful and alert. This is a safe place to shoot. The store is kind of low on stock...
    • GWS
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    First time....
    First time working with a gunsmith but I found Copeland Gunworks to be an awesome husband wife team that worked really fast and things were...
Top Bottom