JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Someone took a picture of Kevin Hughes at a local store, immediately after his heart stopping encounter...............

kevin.jpg

I believe he was looking for the Manpons.

Ray

Slight thread drift but a similar circumstance.
Several years ago a friend of mine calls me up and he is livid !
So when he finally calms down he tells me what happened.
Seems he had just bought a new
Glock and wanted to try it out so he drove east of Bend on Hwy 20 a few miles and pulls off on a dirt road finds a small dirt bank and proceeds to test fire.
Well he is only about a mile or so from a subdivision in the area and apparently a few minutes into this a car pulls up and out jumps a woman who as he described as 'hysterical' with a heavy 'english' accent starts telling him what he is doing is 'illegal and dangerous' and to stop now.
I remember him telling me the woman seemed nuts so he just stood there while she ranted and finally left.

Showed my wife and she being not firearm inclined pointed out the 'revolver'.

Just goes to show that properly trained Subjects are fearful of any object or practice that might make them Free Citizens with Rights. A Subject is in many ways a slave that is Owned by his or her government and is subject to the whims and desires of that Government as their are no Rights, only privileges which may be altered or revoked at any time. We can't have the slaves getting all uppity, can we? He likely thinks he's "free", but it's like a pet being allowed to roam in a tiny fenced back yard until his Master decides otherwise.

Don't make too much fun of him, he's no different than many now in the US since we've stood by allowed our schools to brainwash our children to be good little subjects for generations. As soon as these generations cede enough of their rights away, they too will get to be Subjects. We are already halfway there. You are simply looking at our future unless we do something about it.

In my travels abroad, I have always sought to be courteous to the peoples I was visiting, with respect to their culture and way of life. It isn't asking much to ask for the same from those who are visiting here. Mr. Hughes, yes, Americans carry firearms; particularly in areas where there are very large, mean animals that would most assuredly enjoy you for a snack. :s0165:

I ALWAYS do my homework before I travel and it has paid off well. I get much more out of the experience by knowing a bit about the country and it's culture. In many places it's easy to unwittingly offend the locals and if there are a lot of tourists proper cultural etiquette sets you apart and opens doors. Then again, I might see a few touristy places, but I spend the majority of my time wandering around and seeing what life is really like. Hint: Use your legs as much as possible.

Used to be that open carry or any carry of firearms in national parks was not allowed except in Alaska (and maybe Glacier NP)?

Brits seem often complain about how "gun crazy" we are, then come to visit and are astounded that someone carries a gun in a park were there are brown bears? What did they expect?

Used to be that open carry or any carry of firearms in national parks was not allowed except in Alaska (and maybe Glacier NP)?

Brits seem often complain about how "gun crazy" we are, then come to visit and are astounded that someone carries a gun in a park were there are brown bears? What did they expect?

Remember this: Couple discover 7,500 machine gun, shotgun and pistol bullets in their back garden while weeding their pond

police did not feel need to evacuate couple.. couple plan to move don't feel safe there... and what the heck makes something a "machine gun bullet?

Well, one last thought on Mr. Hughes:

Merica used arms to defeat its tyrannical king, setting in motion the creation of the greatest and freest nation on the planet. Those oppressed by the king were endowed with wisdom modern society cannot fathom. That wisdom led to this representative form of government, but more importantly, to individual freedoms and RIGHTS no other nation on earth can proclaim.

I suggest you go back to Britain and fulfill your role of serf to your government. Be sure to take Piers Morgan with you, y'all have plenty in common!

:cool:

They aren't. They're anathema. Look at that poor bastard who shot a guy breaking into his house. He did more time than the criminal.
Britain is a lost cause.

If you are talking about Mr Tony Martin, a not-too-far-away neighbour, perhaps a few facts might serve to colour your comment with a little truth.

Mr Martin shot the burglar in the back with an illegally-held firearm.

The initial charge of murder - which is what he would have been charged with in most of the USA - was reduced to manslaughter on appeal.

As far as the record goes, Mr Martin ended up serving three years of a five year sentence. One of those 'travellers' that he shot died of his injuries, the other didn't, which in my opinion, is a great pity.

Both were scabs on the surface of the planet - the survivor continues to be so, and will be until another farmer somewhere, with both a better aim and a legally-held shotgun, blows his head off.

tac,

Are 'travellers' a criminal organization made up of white people or romani's?

'Travellers' is a generic term coined by the people who have no fixed abode, but tend to move around the country in convoys of often top-of-the-range Range Rovers and double-axle trailers. Some of them are genuine Roma, but the majority are Irish that most law-abiding people would heartily chase away with a flame-thrower. They are renowned for trashing their stay-over sites, or illegally parking their 'homes' on national sites of interest, private property or roadside encampments.

They are also renowned for doing cheap on-the-spot labour at extortionate prices, but mostly for dumping scrap metal and their literal bubblegum in piles around the countryside. 99.999% of ALL lead thefts from the thousands of medieval churches in the country can also, rightly, be laid at their doorstep - if they had one.

A couple of years back about a hundred of them illegally occupied a decorative flower park area in an East Coast seaside town, and the subsequent clean-up, after they had been forcibly removed by police, cost the town around $2 MILLION.

In my one neighbourhood - countryside, BTW - they excavated a telephone cable, hooked it up to a truck, and hauled it out of the ground by sheer force. They got away with just 90 yards of copper multi-strand, worth about £50.

They caused £900,000-worth of damage to the cable infrastructure, necessitating a virtual rebuild of the telephone exchange/switch centre, and the connections were severed for ten weeks. During that time we had NO phones lines, NO wif-fi, NO emergency callers for older folks. The 'outage' involved SEVEN villages off that exchange.

And some folks wonder why we are not 'keen' on travellers, or pikies, as some call them.

Yellowstone attracts people from all around the world with very different ideas about things...case in point, another not so unusual situation happens again.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top