JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A British tourist visiting Yellowstone noticed an American open carrying and posted the following on Twitter:

(click picture for enlarged view)
Screenshot_2019-07-27 (1) kevinhughes348.png

"Bellend" is British slang for the head of the male organ.

Kevin Hughes' Flickr account states he is a retired police officer, but apparently he doesn't know the difference between a pistol and a revolver (unfortunately neither do some American gun owners, but I digress).

Hughes' tweet ignited a firestorm of critical comments from Americans. If you are not familiar with Twitter, one thing you want to avoid is having a lot more comments than likes, since it is likely when there is a high ratio of comments to likes most of the comments are critical. The higher the "ratio" of comments to likes, the more likely it was a bad tweet.

Screenshot_2019-07-23 kevinhughes348 - Twitter Search Twitter.png

Screenshot_2019-07-23 vbspurs on Twitter kevinhughes348.png

Hughes' tweet was mocked by the NRA.

Screenshot_2019-07-23 NRA on Twitter When anti-gunners tweet.png

Hughes was so mortified by the response to his tweet he deleted not just the tweet but also his entire Twitter account, so you can't see all 16,000+ comments, but some are available
here Tourist shares shocking photo of an armed man minding his own business at Yellowstone
and here https://twitter.com/search?q=kevinhughes348&src=recent_search_click

Last Edited:
Feel free to take your bellend self back across pond and not come back. And that's not a revolver retard, maybe you should stop speaking of subjects where you are clueless.

Like the Japanese tourist who set his kid on the back of the resting Bison several years back. Kid got bucked off, dad got gored and pummeled, and then helicopterd to the hospital. It's all about perspective.

Perhaps Kevin Hughes should have gone to the Oregon, Seattle or San Diego zoo instead for his entertainment. Traipsing around a national park, where there are wild animals, and he's surprised about someone exercising their constitutionally guaranteed rights...

Makes me so thankful for those guys 243 years ago, who truly understood what it takes to live in a free society and exercising that freedom and liberty... Seems he should go back to his repressed homeland and deal with crime the best way he can manage... Unarmed...

I wonder if Kevin has figured out why the British Empire no longer exists and that his country is becoming a joke that needs the US to prop them up?
Hint...The answer, Kevin, lies in your mirror! 602980

Now i am seriously concerned by the open carry guy's poor choice in holsters. If you oun one, please toss it.

But next up, those British bedwetters will be asking us for help to get their tanker back from Iran. There Navy is now so small, they can barely patrol their shores.

Personal protection and self defense must not be words spoken in their land. :rolleyes:
They aren't. They're anathema. Look at that poor bastard who shot a guy breaking into his house. He did more time than the criminal.
Britain is a lost cause.

ever wonder why in the US "canceled" is with 1 "L" and in GB "cancelled" is spelt with 2?

because we gave'm that "L" back in 1776

:s0160:

In my travels abroad, I have always sought to be courteous to the peoples I was visiting, with respect to their culture and way of life. It isn't asking much to ask for the same from those who are visiting here. Mr. Hughes, yes, Americans carry firearms; particularly in areas where there are very large, mean animals that would most assuredly enjoy you for a snack. :s0165:

Unlike many Brits we like to defend ourselves and speak our minds.. If that is too scary for this guy t hen he should stay in his country. Don't tell us how to run ours. We already have enough AOCs providing all the bad ideas we can bear.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top