JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
Man OH man I wish I knew how to do a screen shot! Perfect example right there as I write this,to what I'm taliking about.
When you scroll down to the bottom of a thread or post in a thread,there is the "similar threads" box.There are threads in there from the last world war! I clicked on one that was Dixie Lee Ray talking about gun control!:eek:
So the suggestion would be that maybe there should be a date cut off of how old a thread would be to be in that box? Say a year old,18mo? Some can be relevant like the animal threads,always timely. But the last one I looked at was about a gunman being shot in Edmonds in 2012? 13? Excuse the pun but that topic is dead and gone
And I know it would be impossible to go thru each thread and weigh it's importance to today's going ons so the date seemed the best way

What you mention, I noticed myself. Just a guess, I'd imagine benefits of being a paid member would give more search options from the archives. Like I've done, keep digging and open in new windows ;)

Upvote 0
Agreed!

Adding a comment to a thread from 2011 when it is 2016 is a bit off putting as it is often irrelevant 5 years later.

I've always been a fan of starting new threads that are tailored to my specific issue or question.

But then people will bash you for not useing the search engine to look at old threads...:confused:

I like the locking them after a certain amount of time has gone by idea.

Upvote 0
Ok you were all thinking it so

night-of-the-living-thread.jpg

Upvote 0
Hey if it was a fun thread but it' OK to start a new thread.
Heck with the ones bashing you for not searching. I visit enough that I probably saw a thread on it.If not I'll start a new one. If I missed it,you can link it.Which many do.
No bashing needed though
Remember be nice:D

Upvote 0
Youtube kind of has that with
"Legacy comments"

Essentially after a certain period of time (1 year or so) a thread could be locked unless revived by the OP but still kept intact for information purposes.

Upvote 0
Zombie! :s0112::s0012:

Unfortunately there isn't a way to differentiate between the ones which are relevant (such as information threads) and the ones which aren't when listing them in the Similar Threads box.

From a policy standpoint we leave it up to the individual to decide whether they should bump an old thread or create a new one. If it's something timeless, such as 'show your guns', then we'd prefer the old thread get bumped (and will sometimes merge the old and the new).

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads