Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Bringing a Knife to a Gun Forum.

Discussion in 'Knives & Other Discussion' started by bt97006, Jan 4, 2010.

1. bt97006

bt97006 Aloha Member

The Becker BK-2 Campanion from KA-BAR.
    I was intrigued with this blade from the first time i read reviews about it so I ordered one up for myself. The brown truck just delivered it today! It seems to be a stout and sturdy utlity blade that can handle lots of outdoor chores. From chopping and batoning firewood into kindling to fine cutting, whitling or food prep. It is basically a sharpened prybar at a full 1/4 inch at the spine. Measuring at 10.5 inches overall with a full tang 5.25 inch blade of 1095 cro-van steel. It came with a good edge but I spent an hour or so with the Lansky sharpener fine tuning it. It comes with a nice kydex sheath which it snaps firmly into. Im sure it will handle anything i can throw at it be it camping, hunting or in a survival situation. I can't wait to hit the woods and put it to use.:D

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG0004-1.jpg

2. jmh119

jmh119 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

that is one heavy duty knife! you will have to let us know how it handles for you out in the woods.

3. BlvdKing

BlvdKing Almost Boring Member

You can't go wrong with a Becker Ka-Bar

4. 56kninja

56kninja Portland Member

Saw this awhile ago. Like the look of the blade, I might get one sometime. Ka-Bar is one of my favorite companies.

5. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Price?

6. bt97006

bt97006 Aloha Member

It has been a beast of a blade so far. Took it to the woods a few times and have no complaints on function. The black finish is starting to show some wear now but i didn't buy it to look at. They can be had through amazon.com for $50-60 IIRC.