JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to bring my new pistol to a gun show to test fit holsters. Here is my question, I don't have my permit yet (waiting on the county) so how can I legal bring my gun? Do I leave it in the factory case and just carry it around.(it would still be concelled) Do I open carry? (would prefer not to) I would love to just toss it in a backpack so I don't have to hold it the entire time, but that is against the law without my permit.

Ideas thoughts?

Take it in the case, when you arrive they will inspect it at the door and put a tie through the action so it cannot be loaded. You are good to go

I did just that at the last Albany gun show. They put a thin tiewrap through the barrel and out the slide. Very thin and didn't interfere with holster fit at all. I had mine in a gun rug, but if you're going to bring the original box, make sure they label the gun and the box as something you brought with you so you're not asked for a receipt on the way out.

As long as you're not hiding the gun under your coat or shirt, it's not concealed.

For what it's worth, there weren't too many vendors there with holters so don't expect a huge selection. I got lucky the day I was there and found the holster and mag holders I was looking for.

Thanks to everyone for the responses. It was just as you stated the guys at the door did the best they could to make the tiewrap as slim as possible. I was still able to test fit in in all of the holsters I found and was able to find just what I was looking for.

Ha ha,how did you get it home?

If the gun is not loaded then it isn't considered concealed carry.
I would guess you wouldn't want to carry it on your hip,so there wasn't any conflict but in the case or a back pack is perfect.

I don't think it matters if the firearm is loaded or not, it would still be an issue with concealed carry without a license. I just returned my pistol to its case and placed it in the trunk for the drive to and from the show. At least until Washington County sends me my permit.. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top