JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've always had thick, unruly, hair. It may have patches of gray now, but it is still just as much so as in the past. I long ago gave up on any "dry look" and slick it straight back. I've tried various dressings (and similar) over the years, but the two that stuck as stables are Tres Flores and Brylcreem:

fSz5AaL.jpg

Brylcreem is a good one (easy to use and wash out), but it doesn't hold up real well in hot weather, in my experience. Tres Flores does, though it far greasier.

Coming real soon there are travels farther south, where the heat is much more intense, so it has me looking at other products.

What are you favorite hair dressings, pomades, brilliantines, and such? Thanks!

I started going bald at around 20. Shaved my head at 22 and never looked back. I don't even remember having hair, let alone a comb or using shampoo.

So FU.

:D

Alrighty then, first response involved a "FU". Here's hoping this thread goes better than the NWFA equivalent of an acid trip that was the Whippet thread. :s0112:

I've always had thick, unruly, hair. It may have patches of gray now, but it is still just as much so as in the past. I long ago gave up on any "dry look" and slick it straight back. I've tried various dressings (and similar) over the years, but the two that stuck as stables are Tres Flores and Brylcreem:

Brylcreem is a good one (easy to use and wash out), but it doesn't hold up real well in hot weather, in my experience. Tres Flores does, though it far greasier.

Coming real soon there are travels farther south, where the heat is much more intense, so it has me looking at other products.

I can't comment until you clarify if you're talking backhair or cranial pelt. :D

Reuzel is a good standby

15533970424485756559011943806508.jpg

I've been using suavecito firme (strong) hold for a couple years now, it's the only thing my barber sells in his shop and I dig it. Can't say I use it everyday as I'm a 75% of the time hat guy but when I wanna look like a redneck version of don draper from mad men it works very well. Also it is hot and dry in central WA during the summer and I never have any problems.

Alrighty then, first response involved a "FU". Here's hoping this thread goes better than the NWFA equivalent of an acid trip that was the Whippet thread. :s0112:

If you're gonna make a thread about male hair products on a firearm forum, you gotta expect some heat!

:p

I've been using suavecito firme (strong) hold for a couple years now, it's the only thing my barber sells in his shop and I dig it. Can't say I use it everyday as I'm a 75% of the time hat guy but when I wanna look like a redneck version of don draper from mad men it works very well. Also it is hot and dry in central WA during the summer and I never have any problems.

Interesting. I'll need to give that one a spin. From the pics on the Intratubes, looks like a good fit. :D

Have you guys ever considered a haircut?

Every three-four weeks on the head hair and full beard. I'm thinking of something much trimmer, lighter on the latter, but haven't got there yet.

If you're gonna make a thread about male hair products on a firearm forum, you gotta expect some heat!

:p

I would expect no less. :s0112:

When I was 19 I rented an old Airstream that was parked in a barn. The old farmer I rented from used Groom and Clean.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top