JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I stopped in at Brightwater Ventures in their new Location next to Bimart on Fourth Plain in Vancouver yesterday. What an improvement. Tons more stock, quite a few used guns, and the place is bright enough inside to actually identify the individual you're talking to. And more parking with no nasty signs threatening to tow your car. Looks like a great decision so far. Check it out if you're nearby.

I went by there last Friday and celebrated their opening by spending $650.
I guess the new location worked, lol

What did you get?

I went into the new location a the weekend before it was open and I will have to say it is an awesome place and I would have loved to been able to continue working there a few days a week if I had not moved.

I was there today (Sat. 10/06/2012). Quite a few people there. I did have to ask for a drawing ticket and say a few guns being sold.
Wish they had a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II though!

I went in today. I have never visited them previously. I came out with mixed feelings.

I never got to talk to 1 of the 4 guys behind the counter after about 30 minutes so I left. Also, there was a woman behind the counter making be feel very uncomfortable with her gaze. I know they are on these forums and I will visit their store again someday as I shop at Bi-mart weekly and give them a chance when things arent so crazy.

I agree with the lighting but think they had little options for accessories and low inventory for the location.

A few things I heard while I was in was concerning that was said to customers "Our gunsmith doesn't have enough work so comes in when their is work" and "We haven't found a way to compete with our neighbors on that for pricing so we aren't carrying it."

The gunsmith comment leaves me to the impression my gun may perhaps leave that location if left with them. I have no way of knowing if this is the case or not but I personally am not comfortable with that idea.

From personal knowledge in a gun store carry the product. Most often people are willing to by from a store vs corporation especially if the price is reasonable.

Just my thoughts.

Here's a question for someone that knows about Kimber and how they send out inventory.

Called Brightwater about a Kimber model they don't have in stock. They said they can only order once a year and if I wanted to place an order for that on I might wait nine months. Is this true?

Here's a question for someone that knows about Kimber and how they send out inventory.

Called Brightwater about a Kimber model they don't have in stock. They said they can only order once a year and if I wanted to place an order for that on I might wait nine months. Is this true?

I've heard this from somewhere before, that you place an order at the shot show or something and you don't know what's being shipped or when, your order will show up months later piece by piece - gun by gun. It may be different for places like Cabelas though, I dunno. It may also have to do with minimums, smaller shops might not be able to meet the necessary requirements to get wholesale pricing more than once a year, and we all know how fond Kimber is of themselves so I can't imagine their 'one gun' prices to be much lower than MSRP.

There is a solution to your problem though... 2q87h38.jpg R E V O L V E R S

When's the last time you weren't able to score a 686 at will?

I never got to talk to 1 of the 4 guys behind the counter after about 30 minutes so I left.

4 employees behind the counter of a small gun shop is quite a few. I too have had to wait 20-30 minutes to get help there before, but on the other side of that coin is the purchasing experience, I've never felt rushed when buying a gun at Brightwater. I'm not looking to white knight them, I buy guns from Wholesale Sports, Cabelas, Keith's, L&L, and anyone else who will sell me firearms I'm looking for. I just think it's an important aspect to consider when making a purchase or even simply browsing.

Also, there was a woman behind the counter making be feel very uncomfortable with her gaze.

If women frighten you then maybe you shouldn't be going outside. 207w9s7.jpg

Just messing with you Torq, no harm meant. 2i0ll5.jpg

Your funny as I sit here at work chatting with a woman.

It was mostly her pissy look on her face and glare. I don't think she was enjoying herself and just impacted my time there. Almost like I dare say they dont have security setup yet and she is looking for shop lifters :s0131:

Sheesh. Try asking questions at Keith's and see what they do. My experience is if you don't know what you want when you walk in they don't want to talk with you. I've had great experiences at Brightwater for years. I was in the new location and watched one of the guys spend 20 minutes helping a guy pick out a carry gun for his daughter. He didn't buy one but I'm sure he'll be back because of the unbiased and low pressure information he got. They've always got my business.

Been there twice, once in the old place and Saturday in the new place. Went on their "grand opening", to see it. I'll be back later as they have been friendly both times and the first time was at a slow moment, got a lot of unpressured help. New place looks nice, that woman in the corner was a bit weird, but then again, so am I. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top