JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Our family purchased some to try and taste tested a bunch today. We tasted French toast, cinnamon bun, BBQ sandwich and Italian. French toast and cinnamon were the biggest hits but all agreed we would eat them all in an emergency.

Flavors
The breakfast flavors were the biggest hit. The BBQ won out over the Italian sandwich by just a bit, with the kids complaining the Italian was a bit too spicy. The BBQ left a bit of a processed after taste that the Italian did not. The spiciness in the Italian probably covered that processed flavor up. The breakfast foods tasted the best of all that we tried. All agreed that they would eat any of these without hesitation if hungry and in an emergency.

Smell
You can immediately smell each sandwich when you open up the MRE. French toast smalls like French toast and so on. We were surprised by how good they smelled. In an emergency, we think they would smell even better.

Filling
The sandwich filling does not extend to all sides of the sandwich and is concentrated in the middle. There is probably ½ inch to ¾ inch of bread before you hit pay dirt. So, when we split it several ways, we only got a bit of real sandwich guts.

Bread
The bread tasted like fresh bread. It did not taste dry, but did leave a dryness in your month after eating it. Everyone wanted a bit of drink afterwards. I am sure they minimize water to make it last long but add preservatives to give it a fresh, soft taste. The French toast bread seemed to taste the best of the group, probably due to the extra sugar.

Portion
The sandwiches are not huge. One would be about right for an adult. You could split one into halves or thirds for children depending on their age.

Overall
Overall, we were pleased with the taste of all the sandwiches. Any would do in an emergency. We will probably buy a few more of each, maybe leaning toward the breakfast food side and consider them emergency breakfast and lunch items. Definitely easy to eat on the go. Not dripping in sauce, easy to cut into portions, soft and manageable. The shelf life is a bit shorter than other foods and will require more frequent rotation. But, 3 to 5 years life is pretty good. These would be easy to rotate into camping or hiking cycles over time.

The cheapest we could find them was at Camping Survival (Bridgford Foods Ready to Eat Sandwiches). I think they are still on sale and we used a coupon for 5% off. Coupon code "Tjoos" I think that code may still be good. I could not find a free shipping coupon, but the shipping was about $6 and we bought 7 of them. As a test, I added 20 and the shipping was only $7. So, the more you order the better.

Hope that helps.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads