JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had this for over 35 years and never shot it until a few days ago. It shot well so I loaded up 700 rounds of 230 round nose and replaced the grips. Now I'm looking for a decent
OWB holster for it, what do you recommend?

9D5BD0F3-EDED-42F3-911E-A83DAFCF9FFB.jpeg

Nice pistol, but then I have a BIG weak spot for 1911's :D
Carry for every day carry? If you are not afraid of the sight of the hammer back my long time favorite is the belt slide. If you want the hammer and more of the pistol covered leather would be best. I use Kydex now days but mine are stainless so don't have to worry about finish. Of course as I tell all, almost all who carry for a while end up with a box of holsters they no longer use. Real hard to tell what works until you try it sadly

I had this for over 35 years and never shot it until a few days ago. It shot well so I loaded up 700 rounds of 230 round nose and replaced the grips. Now I'm looking for a decent
OWB holster for it, what do you recommend?

a 1911 deserves a Bitterroot Gunleather holster.

DSC00660_cropped_wm.jpg

Last Edited:
CrossBreed. Inside the pants big paddle holster without the combat cutaway. They call it the Supertuck. Horsehide upgrade. Expensive. Same for the multiple mag holsters. This time of year, (considering), this holster will make the big guns nearly disappear. Except, as already said, that cocked and locked Commander type hammer.

Do not enter the gates of fun and madness regarding the 1911. No return. Much fun. Laughs and giggles. No known cure. :)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top