JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just received this bit in an email from a student inquiry asking if I will teach her and her husband, who are both new to guns. That is the only way I will teach men, if they are brand new...o_O I'll have to think of a few questions to test their gun knowledge--if they pass, they can't come in...HAHA!

"I voted for this law to pass REGRETTING that I did not read into it at all. Anything I can do to help as a voter let me know."

This is getting to be a common thing I hear, "I thought it was just a background check law! I am so sorry I voted for it!" I told her she can redeem herself by joining or supporting the SAF....;);) and next time, READ carefully before you vote! (Okay, I wasn't quite that snarky, but....I did send her a link to the SAF....:rolleyes::rolleyes:;))

I actually printed the 18 pages of BS and highlighted the turds floating all over it. I was able to change my 80 yr old mothers mind because she believed the BS commercials she was seeing on TV. I'm pretty sure that all voting members of my extended family voted against 594!:cool:

I firmly believe that the US voters will someday vote for there own enslavement, but it will be worded as such to think they are doing the right thing.

I firmly believe that the US voters will someday vote for there own enslavement, but it will be worded as such to think they are doing the right thing.

A buddy once told me that anytime the government wants to take away something precious, they'll do it in the same of "safety". For cryin' out loud, you're not against SAFETY, are you..??...o_O

I am, I wish to live and die by my own actions. If that means dying while riding a motorcycle without a helmet or a big Mac & 42 ounce soda induced heart attack so be it.

that's really some fantastic analysis. we need more people like you thinking about these kinds of problems. have you talked with your elected representative?
Yes, and he forwarded it to the state Republican Committee chairman. :)

A buddy once told me that anytime the government wants to take away something precious, they'll do it in the same of "safety". For cryin' out loud, you're not against SAFETY, are you..??...o_O

Too many voters are simply not well informed and vote based on their emotions. They vote on titles of measures, summary sentences and campaign ads. Most can't be bothered to really do their research. They are naive enough to believe the government has their best interests at heart and are legitimately trying to protect them. As a bonus, they view their 'vote' as being part of the system, doing the 'right' thing, patting themselves on the back all the way home from the polls for having made the world a better place. I truly wish there could be a way to assure that people were properly informed before they were allowed to cast their vote, unfortunately, that too would be a step in the wrong direction for freedom and liberty. I guess it's up to the rest of us to work as hard as we can to inform those closest to us about what is really going on. I spoke with my family in Washington, explained what I-594 could mean for gun owners (most of them are not gun owners) and asked them nicely to please vote against 594.

If everyone did that, maybe, just maybe, the results in the future could be different.

I actually printed the 18 pages of BS and highlighted the turds floating all over it. I was able to change my 80 yr old mothers mind because she believed the BS commercials she was seeing on TV. I'm pretty sure that all voting members of my extended family voted against 594!:cool:

Then you should have volunteered your time to an organized group if you were able to persuade so many. ;)

<broken link removed>
Being ideologically pure is a sure fire way to lose everything. You end up alienating not only the voting public, but 90% of the people who agree with you. You have to fight the battles at hand with the tools you are given. If the basic issue is the 2nd Amendment, and PHS believes it's a slam dunk, then where is their lawsuit? Oh, that's right. The courts don't matter, the government doesn't matter, enforcement doesn't matter because we're in the right, and we have rights. I'm reminded of the bicycle rider's tombstone that had the inscription: "He had the right-of-way." There's ideology, and then there's political reality. It pays to know the difference.

<broken link removed>

So, let me see if I have this straight. Just because some website says a bunch of things about the SAF lawsuit that are opinion, you're ready to suck right up to it, accept it as the Gospel and you want to write off SAF and its legal team and the plaintiffs in this lawsuit.

How stupid is that? As "classic" notes above, AT LEAST THEY ARE DOING SOMETHING!!!

Until the other day, I was happily ignorant of the PHS. And the question has already been asked: What has the PHS done? I don't see them launching a lawsuit, or supporting this one. All I see is a rant about the wording of a press release.

There's always somebody ready to throw stones at a person or group that is doing something, when all they can do is complain about somebody doing something.

The Second Amendment community will destroy itself from within with this kind of #@$% bushwa.

ZigZag has it pretty well nailed down, BTW.

Why do all these 2A groups act like spoiled children when All of them are needed together to squash the anti-gun zealots?:mad:
This is some serious stuff people and the question needs to be mentioned by the membership of each org.
If they don't work together then Bloomberg's side with tons of $$$$$$ will win and we will be reduced to lowly sheeple!!!! Then the revolution will start!!!!

Why do all these 2A groups act like spoiled children when All of them are needed together to squash the anti-gun zealots?:mad:
This is some serious stuff people and the question needs to be mentioned by the membership of each org.
If they don't work together then Bloomberg's side with tons of $$$$$$ will win and we will be reduced to lowly sheeple!!!! Then the revolution will start!!!!

Everyone wants to be "Big Dog" and that screws the entire fight up.

Gun owners and patriots are their own enemies and most don't get it. :(
SAF should have got the NRA, GOA, and several other orgs on board then filed the lawsuit.

No one wants to be outdone by the other, and that is why this will ultimately be fought in the streets
and across the land the hard way. No one gets along, no one really has a common cause beyond
not wanting to lose the 2nd. They just want everything their way and not simply full protection of the 2nd
in black and white.

To truly defend it there can be no more compromise with anyone on the left........ FACT !!
We have compromised too much too many times already. Now it is time for the Left to make concessions !
We cannot afford to compromise one iota more of our rights..
They have taken and stolen far too much already.

Last Edited:
<broken link removed>

History does repeat itself.

March 23, 1775. As the suffocating rule of the British squeezed ever tighter, a group of men searched
their souls for both the right course of action, and for the courage to follow it through.
They knew what they were asking, and they knew what the answer would cost. Patrick Henry himself
laid out the sobering truth.

As he passionately argued on the floor that day, "the war is inevitable; it has already begun.
Our countrymen are already in the field, and yet we stand here idle. Is life so dear, or peace so sweet,
as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course
others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"
Patrick Henry

Being ideologically pure is a sure fire way to lose everything. You end up alienating not only the voting public, but 90% of the people who agree with you. You have to fight the battles at hand with the tools you are given. If the basic issue is the 2nd Amendment, and PHS believes it's a slam dunk, then where is their lawsuit? Oh, that's right. The courts don't matter, the government doesn't matter, enforcement doesn't matter because we're in the right, and we have rights. I'm reminded of the bicycle rider's tombstone that had the inscription: "He had the right-of-way." There's ideology, and then there's political reality. It pays to know the difference.

Compromise steals your life and freedom one law at a time !
There need be NO, ie; ZERO compromise on any part of the US Constitution.
It is only dictators and tyrants that want to infringe on that document !
Free and Good men cherish it as it was written.

Compromise steals your life and freedom one law at a time !
There need be NO, ie; ZERO compromise on any part of the US Constitution.
It is only dictators and tyrants that want to infringe on that document !
Free and Good men cherish it as it was written.
Not being able to accomplish perfection is the perfect excuse for attempting to accomplish nothing.

Not being able to accomplish perfection is the perfect excuse for attempting to accomplish nothing.

Then....Accomplish perfection ! The outcome is better.
You just have to exert yourself a bit more to achieve perfection.
Anything worth doing is worth doing right.
Anything can be accomplished.
Some things take more effort and a little longer than others.

The reason SAF and NRA don't get along is probably more down to money than ideology. They run separate fundraising and direct marketing campaigns, and in the case of SAF all the marketing is done by Alan's own company. I doubt he is going to want to walk away from that money anytime soon. They have had some minimal cooperation in court cases AFAIK.

We saw the same turf battles with WAGR and Ceasefire on the anti side last year, so don't let it get you down.

I don't begrudge Alan his marketing business if SAF keeps winning court cases. I am glad SAF have good lawyers because they have very old fashioned marketing techniques. WAGR absolutely smoked SAF on 594. SAF is using a direct marketing playbook from the 1980s and it shows. The SAF websites and emails look dated, are too wordy and are mostly useless on mobile. The NRA is far more up to date.

Patrick Henry Society doesn't have this problem since nobody knows who the #### they are.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top