JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm seeing $2.15 cheapest for 10% ethanol 87 octane. Although gas tax is 36 cents per gallon while Tenn is 26.4 cents pet gallon?
CamoDeafie, not sure the actual tax rate.. But from my multiple cross country trips I remember Washington and Oregon having the highest priced gas I seen ,with Idaho being a runner up (ID recently raised it's gas prices). The cheapest places I remember seeing was Missouri and Kentucky, but Tennessee was fairly cheap too. Florida also was surprisingly cheap, about the same as Tennessee if I remember correctly. Georgia has cheap gas outside of Atlanta. However, on my last trip to North Carolina I was shocked that the gas prices were lower there than here. North Carolina always had a reputation for having the highest gas prices in the South, but when the Republicans took control of their Congress they lowered the gas tax.

Another funny thing about Tennessee is gas prices vary by county and town. The gas prices in Franklin, TN in Williamson county are actually as high or even higher than I would see in Washington state, whereas here in Wilson county around Lebanon, TN they are some of the lowest I have seen in the country.

I miss being able to pump my own gas in WA. Sounds weird to Washingtonians I know but when I fill up in WA it feels like a bit of freedom to me. :) I filled up in Biggs OR a couple months back where the shell station is self serve. It was really funny I had to show two people how to pump their own gas.

CamoDeafie, not sure the actual tax rate..
I got info from USA Today about gas taxes by State :rolleyes: My parents were telling me how much higher California gas was compared to Oregon. But yeah, I've seen some quite big differences in different towns.. for example, my parents' small town of Monmouth? $2.57 at both gas stations on 99W. Salem? May be less than $2.15; but several places are between those two extremes.

because that one person touches all the cash and cards too.. ugh!
And talks to all the drivers at pretty close distances. Any of the drivers could have the virus. This virus is transmitted just by talking (and breathing at really close range), it doesn't have to be a sneeze/cough.
Scientist who discovered Ebola: 203B54C7-DD97-42A3-A071-5DBB53750DD3.jpeg

Last Edited:
This was posted in the big covid thread but wanted to repost here cuz deals directly with how easy it spreads and why the gas attendant close contact imo is risky. Gas station not a confined space of course but this spreads through the air very easily.
BB4FD3B8-04EB-4AD8-98D1-CF80BDBB5A25.jpeg

because that one person touches all the cash and cards too.. ugh!

Hadn't noticed this reply before.

Had to pump my own gas twice this week.

Had to handle my wallet/card - normal

Had to touch gas pump keypad to swipe card and enter pin - Not normal

Had to handle gas pump nozzle - Certainly novel for an Oregonian. Now I have to fondle the same nozzle the guy before my used, and the guy behind me gets my filth.

The Attendant at least has the potential to wash their hands, and I have seen a fair bit of that since the lockdown.

The nozzle has no self cleaning capability.

Ugh!

I have no fear of the Wuhan. But pumping my own gas is way more sketch.

I got info from USA Today about gas taxes by State :rolleyes: My parents were telling me how much higher California gas was compared to Oregon. But yeah, I've seen some quite big differences in different towns.. for example, my parents' small town of Monmouth? $2.57 at both gas stations on 99W. Salem? May be less than $2.15; but several places are between those two extremes.
Shell station on 158th near 26 wants $2.59/gal. Freddies 1000 feet down the road wants $2.19. Shell branding plays a part but so does Freddies, who mimicks Costco's pricing and uses gas pricing as a bit of a loss leader to build their brand. Just two different sides of the same marketing coin.

Shell station on 158th near 26 wants $2.59/gal. Freddies 1000 feet down the road wants $2.19. Shell branding plays a part but so does Freddies, who mimicks Costco's pricing and uses gas pricing as a bit of a loss leader to build their brand. Just two different sides of the same marketing coin.
They also contract together, shell and FM, so it could very well be the same gas.

I miss being able to pump my own gas in WA. Sounds weird to Washingtonians I know but when I fill up in WA it feels like a bit of freedom to me. :) I filled up in Biggs OR a couple months back where the shell station is self serve. It was really funny I had to show two people how to pump their own gas.

I've seen vehicles with OR plates in other states having a hard time pumping there own gas. Kind of funny and sad.

I've seen vehicles with OR plates in other states having a hard time pumping there own gas. Kind of funny and sad.
When we've asked attendants for instruction they look at us like we're idiots until we explain we're from Oregon...
:s0140:

After a half dozen attempts I think I have it down!
:s0155:

As soon as I read "Germs jump up to 4.5 metres" I stopped reading. What tripe. No insult meant to porcine's and bovine's.

I trust that all you new Oregonian gas-pumpers have your Gub'nor Brownstain-approved Petroleum Transfer Engineer certifications...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top