JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BREAKING: Obama Announces Immediate Enforcement Of A 'Gag Order' On All Americans…
BREAKING: Obama Announces Immediate Enforcement Of A 'Gag Order' On All Americans…2015-06-29T16:35:1
According to reports, the administration is in the process of revising the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR). The State Department is attempting to limit our ability to discuss firearms online by claiming that website communications can be seen by any individual in any country. Therefore, the information posted on the web will be considered under the regulations of ITAR

So what does that mean? Essentially, any Internet communication about any aspect of firearms will need government approval before being posted. Those who violate this law can face up to 20 years in prison and charges of up to $1 million. What's more: each website is considered a separate violation.

For gun manufacturers and retailers selling firearms, this means limited business on the Internet without government permission. For gun enthusiasts or those looking to purchase a firearm to exercise their second amendment rights, it means no researching guns beyond government-approved content.

What do you think

So what does this mean for us on the forum?
If someone asks me "Andy how do you like your CZ 557?"
And I give back a detailed informative answer, will I have to wait until someone from the government approves my answer before it can be seen on here?
I'm not trying to be a smart bubblegum but just trying to understand how this ruling will be enforced or does it spell the end of firearm forums?
Andy

Last Edited:
Those websites use "click bait".... That's all. Get people to go there so it will drive up ad revenue.

Wasn't this basically stalled anyway months back?

Those websites use "click bait".... That's all. Get people to go there so it will drive up ad revenue.

Wasn't this basically stalled anyway months back?

yes it was , but a good reminder just how anti American the potus is...the 2nd, the 1st and now importing 10's of thousands belonging to a race that is attempting to destroy everything good
maybe hes trying to invoke marshall law

That a sitting president and his administration would even consider something like this simply reaffirms what we already know about Barry.

If this is applicable to forums, it would also be applicable to Bollywood. No more shoot them up firearm movies starring Matt Damon, Liam Neeson and the cast of other hypocrites. And, because it would limit the anti's ability to both profit from and openly condemn those inanimate objects of terror, it's a catch .22 (pun intended) :D.

Still, a subject like this coming from our elected leaders should be concerning to those who value Americas constitutional freedoms.

WAKE UP AMERICA!! GET OFF YOUR ASSES, GET ENGAGED, AND VOTE THESE RADICALS OUT OF OFFICE!
smiley-with-us-flag.gif

1A protects my speech as I am American and speaking on US soil. If some foreigner happens to read it later, doesn't change anything.

I also wrote a book 20 yrs ago, The Legacy of the Nez Perce Spotted Horse, that included accounts of guns and cannon fire from Steptoe Butte to the NP war. To my surprise it has sold to Appaloosa lovers in 13 countries.

That too, is protected by free speech under my first sentence. Written in America by an American. That foreign customers have bought and read it doesn't change anything.

The little dicktater would be tied up in court in a heart beat by many.

obama-yes-i-can-scotus-no-you-cant.jpg

Last Edited:
That picture would carry a lot more weight if it gave ANYTHING other than a court title, but then people might realize that it's a bunch of hot air.

I picked one at random, Gabelli v. SEC, and the case had nothing to do with executive overreach. The Supreme Court ruled on the statute of limitations for the case, and furthermore, the thing started under W, not Obama, but with our snails pace justice system, finished under Obama's Administration.

Arizona v. United States was even a 75% victory for Obama (the court sided with the Obama Administration on 3 of 4 counts), and yet it makes the list?! Come on guys, stop spreading crap. You get pissed off at the anti-gunners for spewing made up facts without doing any research, then you post a picture that does the EXACT SAME THING! Use some critical thinking and stop blindly following the herd.

(the court sided with the Obama Administration on 3 of 4 counts), and yet it makes the list?! .
Apparently not dealt with lawyers much I'm guessing? Rarely is anything a 100% win. Lawyers talk tough to clients, then work "compromise" in the back room. It's a "bid & ask" thing, hoping at a minimum they squeak across the goal line. Then do the "victory dance" while the client is still hollow inside wondering what just happened. Disappointing I know.

Regardless, you miss the point with your lil tirade.

Go nuts all you want. The list shows "0"s for the "Constitutional professor".

Sources:

This doesn't apply to gun forums or simple "speech", and even if it did, it would get thrown out in court because - FIRST AMENDMENT.

It applies to arms trade across national borders, and will apply to things such as someone from one country selling plans for arms to another, and no, they don't care about you talking to someone online about your favorite .30-30 deer rifle.

The fear mongers try to make this out to be something it isn't. :rolleyes:

The one area where this could be a problem is when the gov. says encryption software is an "arm" and try to prevent software vendors and writers from providing that software to someone in another country - something the gov. has been trying to do for decades actually - this might give more teeth to their efforts.

That is why when you buy software and sometimes computer hardware, you will see them asking you if you are within the USA or not - because a lot of software and hardware (such as smartphones) contains encryption logic.

This doesn't apply to gun forums or simple "speech", and even if it did, it would get thrown out in court because - FIRST AMENDMENT.

It applies to arms trade across national borders, and will apply to things such as someone from one country selling plans for arms to another, and no, they don't care about you talking to someone online about your favorite .30-30 deer rifle.

The fear mongers try to make this out to be something it isn't. :rolleyes:

The one area where this could be a problem is when the gov. says encryption software is an "arm" and try to prevent software vendors and writers from providing that software to someone in another country - something the gov. has been trying to do for decades actually - this might give more teeth to their efforts.

That is why when you buy software and sometimes computer hardware, you will see them asking you if you are within the USA or not - because a lot of software and hardware (such as smartphones) contains encryption logic.

So you are saying that the new Syrian-Americans will not be allowed to discuss their favored Toyota truck bed mounted firearms?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top