Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Breaking news 72 killed resisting gun confiscation in Boston …..very short read.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by fredball, Jun 24, 2013.

1. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

[TABLE="class: MsoNormalTable, width: 6"]
    [TR]
    [TD]

BOSTON

National guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed on April 19th by elements of a para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement. Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices. The governor, who described the group's organizers as "criminals," issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government's efforts to secure law and order. The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons.

Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early this month between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms.

One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that "none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned over their weapons voluntarily." Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government's plans. During a tense standoff in Lexington 's town park, National Guard Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists. Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.

Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units. Colonel Smith, finding his forces overmatched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.

Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops. Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as "ringleaders" of the extremist faction, remain at large.

And this, people, is how the American Revolution began.

April 20, 1775

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

2. Stepside2000

Stepside2000 Vancouver Member

I've heard plenty of times how history repeats itself. Here's to hoping for the best and preparing for the worst!:thumbup:

3. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Amen Brothers, lead the way!!!

4. MinnesotaORnewbie

MinnesotaORnewbie Oregon Active Member

I haven't watched the t.v. news and have had very limited internet access in the past few weeks. Who is this story written by, what paper published in, date? Any facts at all? Can you post the original source of this and also who is this John Hancock. Also why is Portland's previous fudge packer mayor cited in the article. HMMM?:paranoid:

5. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Go back a couple of hundred years to read about this.

6. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

What part of "shall not be infringed" don't those morons understand?

7. dusty

dusty Mountlake Terrace Active Member

:thumbup:

8. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

good grief

9. pdx lefty

pdx lefty portland Active Member

The sad part about the OP is if someone linked it to their facebook status, it would cause a panic that would only be rivaled by the cancellation of American Idol or the Kardashian hookers getting busted.

Lefty.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
    nwwoodsman, GOG, Nutty4Guns and 3 others like this.
  10. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

...................God help us
    You are kidding?? ....... right ????

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

nwwoodsman and (deleted member) like this.
  11. nwbobber

nwbobber Longview, Wa. Active Member

That was kinda funny. But now I'm going to ignore any more of the OP's posts.

SasNW, Will_Power, SP101 and 3 others like this.
  12. FortunateSon

FortunateSon Marion County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Anyone that thinks this could not happen today hasn't been paying attention, is in denial, or is perfectly content playing the part of sheep........

Let's hope that history does not repeat itself, but be prepared in case it does.

Will_Power and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

imokaywiththis.gif

14. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

Say, OP, If you will first paste your article into Notepad, it will remove all formatting. Then you can copy/paste it into the forum or anywhere else and it will be plain text just like this.

15. FortRock

FortRock Bend/Salem, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Take no prisoners. God Bless America.

16. GOG

GOG State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

III%

17. Frankenrifle

Frankenrifle Clatskanie Active Member

As a speed reader I must comment at how the terrible formatting made me want to claw my eyes out.

As a self aware being in these here United States I must comment at how I thought that this was a plausible news story for today. That made me sad.

18. U201491

The truly sad part is....
    I was somewhat disapointed this was not a current news story.
    That some had the brass ones to step up and begin the recovery of our nation.

19. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

This is Red Five... Standing by.

GOG and (deleted member) like this.
  20. U201491

It was done for effect. Well done at that.

GOG and (deleted member) like this.