Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Breaking in my new to me GSG5 with Video!

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Aristotle13, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Aristotle13

Aristotle13 Kent, WA Member

I picked up a GSG5 from a local guy here after I set up for our USPSA match on Saturday. After our match on Sunday we left some steel poppers up and had some fun breaking them in.

I brought a brand new bulk box of Remington 550 count, and I left with maybe 100 rounds left, so I'd guess somewhere around 450 rounds shot. I had a few light strikes, and 2-3 bonefied FTEs and FTFs. But I'm pretty happy with it. My buddies bought brought their 10/22's and we had some steel set up World Shoot style and had a mini competition using steel.

The gun was more than put through it's paces, I had 3 mags, and about half a dozen "testers". I was constantly filling magazines and passing them out to my shooting buddies to all get a chance to shoot it up, and they were going through the magazines back to back. As one person got done shooting, the next was behind them with a full magazine at hand.

Here's the vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLYa7X24ofs

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Lucky guy, those guns are sweet :)

3. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

Yes those are fun.. Sucks about the golden bullets but thats the way she rolls..

Good plinker

4. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

Try to stay away from Remington ammo. It is the only kind that consistantly screws up the GSG-5.

5. Aristotle13

ahh, no cool. :thumbup:Thanks for the heads up. What kind of ammo do you run that you find is consistent?

6. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

I use the Wally-World Federal Bulk Pack $12.97 for 550, CCI Mini Mags, Dynapoint.

The cool thing about the GSG is that it will also cycle sub-sonic ammo.

7. Aristotle13

:eek:

Reeeeally. Hmm, I'm going to have to check that out. Thanks! :thumbup:

:gun02: