Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Breaking in my new to me GSG5 with Video!

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Aristotle13, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Aristotle13

Aristotle13 Kent, WA Member

I picked up a GSG5 from a local guy here after I set up for our USPSA match on Saturday. After our match on Sunday we left some steel poppers up and had some fun breaking them in.

I brought a brand new bulk box of Remington 550 count, and I left with maybe 100 rounds left, so I'd guess somewhere around 450 rounds shot. I had a few light strikes, and 2-3 bonefied FTEs and FTFs. But I'm pretty happy with it. My buddies bought brought their 10/22's and we had some steel set up World Shoot style and had a mini competition using steel.

The gun was more than put through it's paces, I had 3 mags, and about half a dozen "testers". I was constantly filling magazines and passing them out to my shooting buddies to all get a chance to shoot it up, and they were going through the magazines back to back. As one person got done shooting, the next was behind them with a full magazine at hand.

Here's the vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLYa7X24ofs

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Lucky guy, those guns are sweet :)

3. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

Yes those are fun.. Sucks about the golden bullets but thats the way she rolls..

Good plinker

4. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

Try to stay away from Remington ammo. It is the only kind that consistantly screws up the GSG-5.

5. Aristotle13

ahh, no cool. :thumbup:Thanks for the heads up. What kind of ammo do you run that you find is consistent?

6. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

I use the Wally-World Federal Bulk Pack $12.97 for 550, CCI Mini Mags, Dynapoint.

The cool thing about the GSG is that it will also cycle sub-sonic ammo.

7. Aristotle13

:eek:

Reeeeally. Hmm, I'm going to have to check that out. Thanks! :thumbup:

:gun02: